Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long have you been doing this??

Old 07-28-2008, 08:13 PM

Default How long have you been doing this??

Not just hunting with a bow, but shooting, hunting, fooling with one, etc. I was around9 when I got a little compound bow and some wodden arrows and then I got a bear recurve when I was about 10 anf then I was hooked forever!! so that means I have been at least shooting a bow for 24 yrs. Gosh time flies!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How long have you been doing this??

I think I was 13-14 yrs old when I started. So that would put me at 15 years!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

17 years, and still going strong.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i started at 7 so right around 7 years
Old 07-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

30 yrs [X(]Im getting old. started at 12
Old 07-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe I got my first bow around 10 years ago. Didn't do much with that bow until around 2002 or so...so about 6 years or so shooting and hunting with a bow. I cannot even imagine still hunting with a gun because I am totally hooked on bowhunting.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the little cheap recurve as a kid but it faded till I got to be about 16 and I really wwanted a bow but it never happened. So, when I was 21 I was supporting myself and purchased my first bow, since then it has been full on for the last 14 years and counting. It is all I want to do anymore, I have the archery shop at my house in the barn and spend all the time that I can out there shooting and working with my friends and kids, there is always someone at the house shooting or tuning!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting for 8yrs and hunting..... will be my 4th yr with a bow. I've rifle/muzzleloader hunted for 10-11 yrs now
Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Over 40 years...
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a fiberglass recurve that I took into the woods with me when I was 10 or 11. Luckily I never saw a deer to draw on. All I had was a fiberglass arrow with a field point and no father or internet to tell me differently. I played with an old wooden recurve with some cut on contact heads that I never had the opportunity to draw on a deer with either which looking back, was a blessing in disquise. At 15 I got a Bear Black Bear II which I had to camo paint, some 2117 full length and tipped them with 160 grain Thunderheads. What a terrible combo because they flew all over off my plastic flipper rest and fingers. At 17 I think, I added sights and actually started hitting what I was aiming at, sent some arrows through some deer but shouldn't have. Again, no father and internet to tell me differently. I carried that bow through my early 20's and finally "recovered" a doe with it. That was it's last year as I acquired a new Jennings Carbon Extreme XLR, coupled it with some 2213's, 100 grain Muzzy and a release for the first time. That year I took 3D very, very seriously. I haven't looked back. Now countless bows later I try my best to help others as I've come a very long way and pretty much self taught with exception of a few. One I mentioned earlier in my prayer request thread.

Total I suppose you could say 30 years or more and bloodcrick is just a little older than I.

Quick Reply: How long have you been doing this??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.