Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long have you been doing this??

Old 07-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How long have you been doing this??

I started shooting at 10 so I have been doing archery for 5 years and this will be my third year Bowhunting!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

I got my first bow and started hunting in October of 2006. I was 43.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just about my whole life. I know dad had a recurve in my hand before I was even a year old. Obviously I wasn't shooting it but I was screwing around with it none the less. The earliest picture I could find was of me either 4 or 5 years old. I'm 34 years old so you could say anywhere from 31 to 33 years I've been playing around with them and shooting them.

Here's a few pic's.

My brother and I shooting our recurves.

Another pic of my brother and I helping and watching dad with his older then the hills Jennings compound. No let off on this compound!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a bow for the first time in 2001. It was a RH bow and I am LH but shoot firearms both L&R so what the heck. Wasn't happy with the grouping of the arrows RH so I sold it and purchased a LH bow in 2003. Shots were good so started hunting that fall. I was introduced to hunting when I was 7 with firesticks. Now only use them for yotes.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Schultzy, where have you been hiding them pics? those are priceless
ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Just about my whole life. I know dad had a recurve in my hand before I was even a year old. Obviously I wasn't shooting it but I was screwing around with it none the less. The earliest picture I could find was of me either 4 or 5 years old. I'm 34 years old so you could say anywhere from 31 to 33 years I've been playing around with them and shooting them.

Here's a few pic's.

My brother and I shooting our recurves.

Another pic of my brother and I helping and watching dad with his older then the hills Jennings compound. No let off on this compound!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

I believe I was about 6-7 when I got a little red bear recurve for christmas,about 15 for when I got a compound so about 28-29 years,shot my first buck in the eighties sometime but that was with a 30-30....first buck with a bow pictured

Old 07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was probably 9 or 10 when I first started shooting an old fiberglass recurve with wooden arrows. Then when I was able to pull back my step-dads wooden recurve I graduated to that. I got my first compound bow when I was 14 or 15 I think. It's so hard to remember the exact year. I just remember getting it for Christmas. I would say 1988 or 1989? Not totally sure.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Site Buck Guru

46 years.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Got my first bow at 18 (late starter) PSE Gamesport. I have been into archery for 16 years. Where does the time go!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a memory of me shooting a red bow the day that my dads blue car got taken away by a tow truck for repairs. I asked him how old I was then and he said I was 4. So that would put me at 23 years of fooling around with a bow.

Quick Reply: How long have you been doing this??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.