Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i feel kind bad i lied to the guy

Old 07-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: i feel kind bad i lied to the guy

i would have helped him drag it out and shaked his hand aswell but not sure i would advertise the deer is there for anyone to shoot
where are your spots seen any big bucks how do i get to your stand.
ORIGINAL: sandilands

I would have told the guy the land was there to hunt. Who knows maybe he would have gently pushed the deer to you on his way in to hunt. An old man...... may have been the last deer he shot.[&o]
Hunters helping hunter right. Its a deer on public land...... there are lots. If he did end up shooting the buck I would help him drag itout, shake his hand and sayNice buck. Thats just me though.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

He probably knew it was public land and was lying to you!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Its getting very common NOT ot tell Antone abought a Big Buck or you have the chance of a buddy or stranger shooting it .
Kinda turns your stomache to do all the work and end up having a complete stranger just happen to get the shot and take your dream ..[:@]
Old 07-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where do I hunt. Well Sandilands provincial forest. Its 100sq km of bush, mostly big pines and poplar stands with lots of marsh thrown in. I walk to my stands...... a little over 2 miles back. I could drive about half way in but don't.We have no clover fields. It just grows in small patches. Have I seen any bucks .......yup. I could even give you coordinates. By the time you get up here he would be miles away. Most bucks are b/w 100-130" but some get bigger. Here's a pic of one shot a few miles south. Not mine but a lucky 15yr old
Now on the other hand I won't tell you where my private land is although you may get to see some pics this fall.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry guys was a double post
Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in I just a dont give a crap mood so here goes...WHO GIVES A CRAP. If the guy finds out that it is public land,then good for him, if not who gives a damn.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

In duality to my last post I will tell you a story from about 5 years ago. I was hunting my behind off one December around a pond. I had gotten onto some deer and turkey over a couple of weeks. As I walked around the pond I saw a guy walking around in camo, carrying a base hunting map. He and I talked for like 20 minutes. He said he had never hunted deer and in fact, had never seen a deer before in the woods. He had hunted for almost 6 weeks without seeing a deer. I told myself right then and there that I would show him where to set up in the mornings around that pond in order to get a shot. I knew my days hunting around there were over. He WAS so appreciate and thankful that I knew I did the right thing for this man. As I drove off in my truck I drove past his BMW. He was an AMBASSADOR from a foreign country in Africa. I was like wow.

About a week passed and I saw him again at the game check station...he RAN over to me and shook my hand. He said the next morning he set up exactly where I told him and he saw a bunch of does within range but he could not get a shot off...he was so excited. I bet that man was hooked on deer hunting and that he left our country thinking a little bit better about americans.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

In duality to my last post I will tell you a story from about 5 years ago. I was hunting my behind off one December around a pond. I had gotten onto some deer and turkey over a couple of weeks. As I walked around the pond I saw a guy walking around in camo, carrying a base hunting map. He and I talked for like 20 minutes. He said he had never hunted deer and in fact, had never seen a deer before in the woods. He had hunted for almost 6 weeks without seeing a deer. I told myself right then and there that I would show him where to set up in the mornings around that pond in order to get a shot. I knew my days hunting around there were over. He WAS so appreciate and thankful that I knew I did the right thing for this man. As I drove off in my truck I drove past his BMW. He was an AMBASSADOR from a foreign country in Africa. I was like wow.

About a week passed and I saw him again at the game check station...he RAN over to me and shook my hand. He said the next morning he set up exactly where I told him and he saw a bunch of does within range but he could not get a shot off...he was so excited. I bet that man was hooked on deer hunting and that he left our country thinking a little bit better about americans.
Now thats what its all about! I walk down old logging rds and inevitabley I run into someone who is driving. They always stop and ask if I need help or a ride........ usually ends up with a hot cup of coffee for me and a long talk. I've learned alot sitting on the back of a tailgait drinking coffee.
A few yrs ago when I started hunting (yet to take a deer)I ran into an old gemtleman that got his truck stuck. I helped him getting it out which took hrs. It was the last day of my hunt and I thought it was wasted on helping this guy out. KARMA........ not 20min after I parted wasy with the old man I shot my first deer. A doe mind you but it dressed out at 143lbs.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

sandilands...that is karma bud. You did the right thing. Full circle.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there was a time to lie ,,,this was your time....I agree with what you did...

Quick Reply: i feel kind bad i lied to the guy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.