Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trespassers

Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 PM

Default RE: trespassers

How can protecting your own property and assets be vigilantism? Not justifying some of the responses but as a landowner I had tosuffer financially in order to purchase my own property.I have to allow some punk to violate the law and use my property for free? If it is kids then the parents are at fault for not controlling their kids. Again I am not condoning acts to cause harm to another, but there are way too any punks that trespass and I along with many other landowners are not going to take it anymore!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: trespassers

I think the bear trap/ tiger trap, big deep hole, covered up, is the way to go, try getting their ATV out of a hole like that? sounds like freebie 4 wheeler to me.

Though the best thing and most responsible action is probably to get them on camera/video, report it to the police, and press all the charges you can to the full extent that you can. No warnings, next time I catch you BS, if you catch them, nail them!

I have had the thought to make a billboard and list the names of those I've caught, prosecuted, and the punishments/fines.

The felony damange to property/crops etc...sounded good to me, like I said any thing you can bust them with, do it! don't feel bad, people need to learn illegal is illegal, I don't care if you won't do it again etc....

Give someone an inch, and they'll take a foot. Locals start to hear that you're you bust everyone no questions asked, they'll stay away.