Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trespassers

Old 07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: trespassers

Iv`e had the same problom with trespassing snowmobilers on my property while I`m 100 yards away in a stand,I got out and waited for them to make the rounds and ran out of the woods in front of them,....darnit they we`re appolagetic and I could`nt be as rude as I wanted to be but I guarranty they won`t be back
Old 07-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

If they are causing damage to the fields they can be charged with criminal damage to private property, and of which can be as serious as a felony charge. We had a jackass neighbor come on to our land last year and start cutting brush along our fence not to mention cuto down some trees as well and took out some steel fence posts and barbwire, then he cut a few rows of his trees to cut 16 foot shooting lanes right towards our property, and the lanes are straight in line with our machine shed, barn, house, and then cousins house, then neighbors house(s), the highway, and a tavern. I want to see if he decides to cut anythign else down on ourside this year cause if he does hell be going to jail.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the 1x6 idea. Put it about a 1/2 inch on of those trailers with a little dirt over it. They flatten their tires once, they'll be gone. What can they do, tell you to pay for it when they were trespassing. They'll find a new track real quick. Plus, I don't know how many police are in your area, but if itsa low amount, the odds of them catching them while they are trespassing are going to be tough. That trail camera ideo would be great, but unless they are moving at a crawl, I don't think your going to get a good image.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Post this sign...."If and when I catch you, I am going to rip off your testicles!"
Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

I think it'd be funny to go sneaky on them. Find a trail that they are Definately using. camoflauge yourself and lay beside it. When they come by the path SHINE EM with a flood light. You'll probably get the blank "deer in the headlights" look
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

There have been accidents where a broken Coke bottle that happens to have two jagged points (where it was broken) sitting in a deep mud hole that trespassing 4 wheelers drive through. My what an accident waiting to happen.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was not serious about the razor wire. but the hole thing would not be that bad of an idea though. i would dig a 5 inch deep by 12 inch wide trench across their trail and cover it with something like leaves.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Broken beer bottles in the ruts of their trails. Can't ride with not tires.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Well the reason you can get sued or prosecuted for setting up traps isn't to protect criminals, it is to keep people from taking the law into their own hands. True enough a couple flat tires would certainly be a nice lesson for them, but how would you feel if it was a couple kids riding those wheelers and when those tires blew out they rolled the wheeler and got paralyzed or killed? Certainly they would be in the wrong for trespassing, but would the punishment fit the crime? Or instead of kids it was a couple real bad guys, and instead of a couple blown tires teaching them a lesson about trespassing it incites them to turn it up a notch, and the next thing you know your tires are slashed and your windows are broken or worse. I'm sure you can imagine lots of other circumstances where something could go wrong or things get out of hand. So when you think about it, the idea isn't really to protect criminals, it is to prevent vigilantism.

Quick Reply: trespassers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.