Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trespassers

Old 07-28-2008, 07:19 PM

Default RE: trespassers

me and a buddy just had to put a new lock on one of our hunting spots today because 4 wheeler riders beat the other one off... pisses me off... cause this place has less than 1/4 a mile of 4 wheeler trails... just to the cabin and to where we park to ride... jeez... people have no respect... but i wouldnt do anything that could hurt the people... the justice system can be screwed up at times and you would definately be the bad guy in that one..
Old 07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Just so you know, razor wire or evena single strand across one of the runs can end you up in jail and getting sued.
You are quite right about this. I was just being sarcastic about the single strand. But I was very serious about them being scumbags with no respect for other peoples property.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 PM

The problem with leaving it up to the police is let's be real how hard are they gonna try to catch the guys are they gonna stake out your lease to catch them ! I think not ! Granted the razor wire is a bit much but what are they gonna say i was trespassing on this posted land riding my fourwheeler along when i hit a ditch and say broke there arm ! Or sue you for flatening there tires How would they prove beyond a doubt you did it ! I'm just throwing this out there because im curious ! Im sorry i don't have much pity on tresspassers especially when the land is fenced and posted they are the guilty ones. It just seems to me the we are protecting the criminals too much ! I'm not trying to be an ass just my opinon !
Old 07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

i hate people like that.

bad thing is if you do something to stop them and one of them gets hurt they will probly sue you. Crazy world.

rick

Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah just dig a hole that you are going to "plant a tree in"
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well they are doing it at night so I would get them with one of these to blind them first.
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/734...cm_cat=1414665

Once they are blinded and disorientated I'd grab the keys to their rigs and call the police. For good measure you could sprinkle some crack on them and claim they're drug runners
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could also fabricate some of those spike strips they have at the rent a car pickup and drop off area that flattens your tires of you drive the wrong direction. That would leave you with a few useless four wheelers to pillage.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, spike strip them bastards!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a huge problem with four-wheelers over the past 5 years. This spring was the worst. I was coming out after a turkey hunt one day, just locked the gate and was driving to the main road, when a whole gang of about 15 four wheelers came bustin down the road towards me. I couldn't get out and fight 20 guys, so I just told em this was private property and to not ride here, which I've told em bunches of times. I can't gate off my entire property b/c the power company has to have access to the power lines, and they cut our lock a few years back to get in. We moved the gate back and now the riders can easily go down the power line and up a back road. We're working with the club next to us and the power company to put up one single gate with three locks for us all. I would keep my other gate up still. They were going around our gate for a long time, until I put up 3 strands of barbed wire with fluorescent flagging tape all over it (legalities). Then to deter them even more we cemented 4 lead pipes in the ground past the barbed wire so they wouldn't even be able to get by if they did cut the wire. Also found their exit path at the other end of the property, and I really had to search good to find it. They were being slick and coming in from another road, down the river's edge through the thick stuff and riding allll on my place. I was able to find this path and set 3 posts in the ground with a cable and pvc pipe nailed up between the posts with posted signs all over it. They haven't been back since. If they do, the sheriff and wardens have already been notified about this from me and the club next to us, so we should be able to keep em out, for now. All the advice I can give you, try to block off every single way they can get in. If you think you've found all the ways they're gettin into your place, look again, and then look once more, because trespassers are slick buddy.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, no using nails and traps and what-not. Like they said, you'll get sued nowadays for that crap, or worse it might piss em off enough to hide in the woods one morning and beat the piss out of you or end up killin you. I piled logs up about 5 feet high before I put the posts in, and they cleaned those boogers up to get by. Put up three strands of wire with no posts, they cut the wire. Trespassers will do just about anything, be careful and good luck with the punks.

Quick Reply: trespassers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.