Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In your opinion...

Old 07-27-2008, 10:15 PM

Default In your opinion...

Are trail cams taking the suspense out hunting?? I know they are helpful and many big bucks have been killed b/c of them, and I DON"T HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THEM....,but today in conversation with my hunting buddy, we both agreed that it may take some of the suspense and surprise out of hunting deer. Neither of us own one and never have simply b/c we can afford any..We are a more old school than new school on certain things. I just wonder if it takes away that feeling of seeing those big rubs and wondering what could have made them... Again, Im not taking issue with them, I would use them if I could afford em...
Old 07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: In your opinion...

me not owning a camera makes me want one. even though you see them on camera dosent mean you will see them hunting. you look at some of the times on those trail cam pics on the forum and they are at like 1 or 2 oclock in the morning i mean i think they are worth buying just to see whats out there and get you pumped for them hunt but that is just my opinion but i respect you are an old school hunter that likes that kinda of thrill of the hunt man i like that alot and personally i dont think i can afford them either[align=left] [/align]
Old 07-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Huntinman Im old school to an extent. I don't buy fancy camo, I don't have every hot new item, I do have a new bow and a new stand. Im not against cams at all, I just wanted to hear from the guys that use them..
Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutley not, for me anyway, I love my camera... chances are I'll never see the bucks I have on cam... but i love the susupense of going to check my cam, ALMOST as much as hunting.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:25 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We don't use trail camsbut use cameraswhen wescout. Samething pretty much. Granted they aren't very good cameras but better then nothing for viewing them back at home on the TV or computer. I guess I like knowing whats out there. Scouting is part of the hunt to me.We still have alot of surprise bucks when hunting.

I would love to pick up aGL2Canoncamera just for scouting but too many things going on now. Hopefully next year.

Tim
Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Fork Horn

I love viewing pics off my trailcam prior to heading into the woods. It gets me motivated to put in those long hours of practice. Plus it keeps me motivated on those loooonnnggg saturday afternoons when all you want to do is take a nap.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Are trail cams taking the suspense out hunting?? I know they are helpful and many big bucks have been killed b/c of them, and I DON"T HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THEM....,but today in conversation with my hunting buddy, we both agreed that it may take some of the suspense and surprise out of hunting deer. Neither of us own one and never have simply b/c we can afford any..We are a more old school than new school on certain things. I just wonder if it takes away that feeling of seeing those big rubs and wondering what could have made them... Again, Im not taking issue with them, I would use them if I could afford em...
My opinion, No

Reason: because i have never seen a buck in person that i have trail cam pictures of (possibly a6 point a couple years ago and maybe a nice 8, but not 100% sure)
Old 07-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Fork Horn

This will be my first year using one. I'm hoping it will give me more motivation to let the small ones walk. If I know a good buck is out there somewhere, and has at least stepped hoof on the land I hunt, I don't think I'll have a problem being a little more selective.

So my answer would be no. In fact, I feel like it will enhance my hunts. And it's a fun process to boot. I'm scheduled to switch out memory cards for the first time next week, and I'm chomping at the bit to see what I've got. The wait is killing me!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmccoy_77

This will be my first year using one. I'm hoping it will give me more motivation to let the small ones walk. If I know a good buck is out there somewhere, and has at least stepped hoof on the land I hunt, I don't think I'll have a problem being a little more selective.

So my answer would be no. In fact, I feel like it will enhance my hunts. And it's a fun process to boot. I'm scheduled to switch out memory cards for the first time next week, and I'm chomping at the bit to see what I've got. The wait is killing me!
Hang in their brother!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are not really for me...we have just never used them here in California, besides they would not last long here, someone would want it and help themselves...

Quick Reply: In your opinion...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.