Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In your opinion...

Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 AM

Default RE: In your opinion...

It sounds like not many deer are actually killed that are on camera. Is this true?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

From my experience, yes

Nor me, or anybody in my family, or my friends have ever killed a buck we got on film, and we all have cameras.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never killed a buck that I have pictures of. Most pics are smaller bucks and I let them walk when I see em in the woods. The only deer I have killed that I know I have pictures of is a doe two years ago that had a tumor or something on her jaw. Had plenty of pics of her then killed her and saw the tumor up close, it was her for sure. I got pics of another doe with a split left ear, she's an old mama. I gotta hurry and get my camera back out on that property. I've had mine behind my parents' house under an apple tree. Got some spikes on it, nothing big, so I need to move back to the other place and see what kinda deer I'm gonna have down there this year.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 AM

I only have limited days when I can hunt, cameras have given me an edge when I normally don't have the time to scout. I will always use them. I look forward to checking my cam's....keeps the interest level of hunting way up and gives me something to do in the off season.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

It sounds like not many deer are actually killed that are on camera. Is this true?
Out of 15 bucks on cam last season, I personally seen 10 of them. I took two bucks off my cams last season. I think the property owner next to us took an addition 4.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Both bucks on my wall.....I have numerous photos of. I have one photo of both of them in the same picture.......and the deer were taken in separate seasons.

The game cam thread I posted the other day.....the guy in there said they had never taken a matur ebuck off their property that they DIDN'T have trail cam photos of.

It seems "results may vary"
Old 07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope not to me anyway. If anything it make sm more determined and selective. I pass on a lot of smaller bucks if I have several pictures of a nice one on a regular basis.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I see what you are getting at, but IMO no they do not take away the suspense. They give me an idea of the deer that are frequenting a certain small area of the property I hunt, but I know there are other bucks out there that I do not have pictures of and others that will travel the properties I hunt during the rut that I will never see on a game cam.

So, while I get to see some of the deer and "inventory" them, I know that there are many other deer that I don't get to see on camera that very easily could show up under my stand.