Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

a dummy in the stand

Old 07-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: a dummy in the stand

Or you could go another route. instead of a fake human up there you could put a mountain lion at the top of it. the ones like you can win at fairs and such. i have always wanted to do that to some one. i would just want to see the look on there face when they look up and that thing is up there. (of course you would have to spray it down with scent killer so it wouldnt scare the deer.)
Old 07-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

I've read about it before and the hunter that used it said it worked for him.
I think it may have been me. I had a doe that was real wise to the stand and busted me everytime! So I put a trash bag filled with leaves and an orange hat and vest on and starpped it to my stand and waited a couple weeks went back in and removed the bag laid it in the feild and hunted the stand that doe came up the hill looked at me and walked right past me for the last time! She was running all the deer off cause she new i was there all the time! So yea it does not hurt!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

tie a rope to his neck and let him hang. lol no just tie a rope around it and lower it to the groud
ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

The idea is to have the element of surprise, that's not exactly a surprise. Not to mention, what would you do with the dummy when you want to hunt? Lower him to the ground?
Tim, Fess up, you are just afraid to be out there by yourself. Then, you have someone to snuggle with when the temp drops!
Old 07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next thing you know you will be sitting on the dummy's lap and talking to him. Kind of like that Tom Hank's movie with that little volleyball.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

maybe but i could always move it in out of the way of the stand off the trail.
i did not say it was a great idea i just asked
ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

tie a rope to his neck and let him hang. lol no just tie a rope around it and lower it to the groud
ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

The idea is to have the element of surprise, that's not exactly a surprise. Not to mention, what would you do with the dummy when you want to hunt? Lower him to the ground?

if you lowered him to the ground wouldnt that kind of defeat the purpose, because then theres something on the ground that was never there before. then instead of the deer busting YOU, theyre busting your dummy.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

now thats some funny sh*t
ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Next thing you know you will be sitting on the dummy's lap and talking to him. Kind of like that Tom Hank's movie with that little volleyball.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

when i do just do not tell my doctor i was talking to the dummy.
ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Old 07-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

See, now that's just wrong. It's ok for Joe(bowhuntingfool) to call himself that but it's not ok for you to do it. Have some respect man!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

See, now that's just wrong. It's ok for Joe(bowhuntingfool) to call himself that but it's not ok for you to do it. Have some respect man!
HEY!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

there are a couple of gun stands that have dummie's in them durring the rifle season on our land to stop the neighbors from driving our land if they don't see anyone a round.

Quick Reply: a dummy in the stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.