Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you get your deer into the truck bed

Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do you get your deer into the truck bed

I can pull a deer into my truck bed by myself using a Glen's deer handle. I have done it with deer that way up to 200 lbs dressed.

https://www.deerhandle.com/
Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back in the day I used to have to lift them into the trunk of my Park Avenue...that didn't make anybody happy.

I do it a couple of different ways. If you have a hill to back into that is great but that isn't always available.

I have a big sheet of plywood that I reinforced with 2X4's that just fits between my wheel wells. I pull this out and leave one end on my tail gate and the other on the ground. I pull the deer as far up on the plywood that I can and then lift the whole thing up and slide it forward. That is much easier than wrestling with a bloody buck.

If you own a game cart the 2nd method I have is easier. I have two 2X12's that arearound five foot long. Again I leave one end of the boardon the tail gate and one on the ground. I space the boards so they are centered on the wheels of the game cart. I pull the cart up to the boards jump up in the bed of the truck and then pull the cart up the "ramps"....works great! Just make sure your momentum doesn't put the handle of the game cart through the back window of your vehicle.[]

Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually just stand on the tail gate reach down and grab the rack and pull him in. Kind of hard on the nads if the buck gets much heavier than 225. Aftr putting up over 3000 bales of hay every year them deer don't seem to be much problem.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just throw my pack in the back of the jeep. The deer, which I've already quartered out, is the pack. The head, which I've already caped out,is strapped to the top.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:04 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I usually just stand on the tail gate reach down and grab the rack and pull him in. Kind of hard on the nads if the buck gets much heavier than 225. Aftr putting up over 3000 bales of hay every year them deer don't seem to be much problem.
X2 right down to the bales except usually only 2000 bales. Sucked as a kid when we did 8,000a year. [:'(] With does I just grab the back legs and pull them up or gentle sling em like a bale if they are smaller.

Tim
Old 07-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

most the time blacktails don't get over 200 lbs and gutted out they will weigh around 100 lbs so it ain't that bad. if you have to you can quarter it up if its huge!
Old 07-27-2008, 11:26 AM

I either get into the bed and grab the horns and pull it up in the bed, or on the ground I pick it up and put it in the bed.

No special tools / gear / or method.

The Nike way of life...... just do it.

MET

Old 07-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you get a big buck and cannot pull him into the truck yourself...here is something that works. Hoist your buck up into a tree as far as you can using a rope or whatever. Then back your truck up slowly until the buck is in the back of your bed. Then cut the buck loose and there you go.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TJF

X2 right down to the bales except usually only 2000 bales. Sucked as a kid when we did 8,000a year. [:'(] With does I just grab the back legs and pull them up or gentle sling em like a bale if they are smaller.

Tim
I hear ya Tim. When I was a kid we would put up hay as far as you can see for a nickle a bale. Stacking the barns sucks. One thing for sure it makes you tuff. I used to knock the hell out of guys in High school football. Man it was fun ringing them city boys bells.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TJF

Tim
I hear ya Tim. When I was a kid we would put up hay as far as you can see for a nickle a bale. Stacking the barns sucks. One thing for sure it makes you tuff. I used to knock the hell out of guys in High school football. Man it was fun ringing them city boys bells.
A nickle a bale??? You lucky dog. Dad figured the clothes on our back, food on the table and a character builderwas good enough. Course free gas, truck,shells, arrows, bow, rifles and etc... was a nice incentiveuntil my brother left. Dad had his 8 - 5 job. Timmy picked, unloaded andstackedbales by his lonesometill he was blue in the face for a few years. I do know wheredad's nickleper bale went though? It went on a big round baler when Timmy left the farm that very first summer after. [&:] [&:]

Tim

Quick Reply: How do you get your deer into the truck bed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.