Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestands and harnesses

Old 07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Treestands and harnesses

How many of you wear a harness when up in the tree?? And how high do you like to be in your stand?

I just got another 15' ladder stand and this one is just a seat up in a tree pretty much with the ladder and im not very comfortable up there, let alone standing to take the shot when the time comes...I just set it up in the backyard to do some practice, and well that didnt last long...lol

Which safety system do you prefer? 15ft seems really high with a bow..
Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Treestands and harnesses

I will hang my stands anywhere from 15' and up....YES....ALWAYS WEAR A SAFETY BELT!!!!!!!! I prefer to be around 20' if I am hunting where that is possible....I have the HSS vest and I really like it, easy to put on and the linemans belt is great for hanging the stands....Good Luck and be safe!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im guilty never worn a saftey harness but I just purchased the hunters safty system vest to wear starting this year im always around atleast 20ft
Old 07-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 15 to 20 feet up and I'll always wear one. I'm guilty of nodding off fairly easy. I'd rather wake up hanging there than when I hit the ground.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

20-25ft.

always with harness.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

I hang my stands depending on cover. I alwayswhere a harness.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anywhere from 8' to 25' up. No I don't wear a harness. Its something I should look into though.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

18 to 20ft. depending on location maybe lower. Always wear a harness since I fell years back, almost died! And feel it every day since.... wear one, sombody wants you to come home in one piece......
Old 07-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Theres only 3 stand i have that I will hunt out of without a safety harness, one being my 15 foot ladder stand, its big enough that I feel comfrotable enough in it, If it had been raining or snowing I will put my harness on before I even sit down, the other two are enclosed rifle stands, all my other stands I will always wear my harness. I just dont have enough for every hang on or ladderstand, and now that Im aquiring a new ladderstand im going to be 2 harnesses short.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

I always wear one. I get such an adrenaline rush when a buck comes within range, or I think he is coming within range, that I may do something stupid. I just don't take the chance. I usually am 15-20 ft up.
Chris

Quick Reply: Treestands and harnesses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.