Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"IF" you were going to take these shots

Old 07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: "IF" you were going to take these shots

So is not using pins, which are on your bow, at these ranges where you should never shoot at a deer anyway, a dumbass move?
It wasn't one of the choices. I asked you which pin you'd use (and assumed that was what everyone would do).

I like the practice, personally. Sounds like a sound alternative......"IF" you're gonna take one of these shots. It's AS effective as knowing which pin to use, for sure.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Cool... But I wouldn't mention tradition equipment on this topic if I were you.
You can mention trad shooting all you want to on this thread. But if you do so and pick apart the premise of the entire thread in doing so (compounds and pins).......you'll only make yourself sound like a dumbass.[8D]
Whats wrong with you man??[:@] Bob is trying to understand your logic and nothing else.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

So is not using pins, which are on your bow, at these ranges where you should never shoot at a deer anyway, a dumbass move?
It wasn't one of the choices. I asked you which pin you'd use (and assumed that was what everyone would do).

I like the practice, personally. Sounds like a sound alternative......"IF" you're gonna take one of these shots. It's AS effective as knowing which pin to use, for sure.
question: Which pin would you use?

Answer: I wouldn't use one!

it should be a choice, because technically you can use no pins, fist pin, second pin, all the way to you're fifteenth pin

Me too

I practice not using a pin under 20 yards, my first pin. I will shoot a deer at 10-25 yards with my 20 yard pin. Anything under, down the shaft say.................. "IF" I was to shoot...

different strokes. A dumbass, well sometimes...just not "this" time.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Pretty simple concept....

If you use your 20 yd pin (accurate at 20yds) and aim for a spot from 2 yds with your compound,.....with a broadside target.....(from the ground).....you WILL hit LOW.

We're on page 7.

it should be a choice
But it wasnt. You can use a spot on your riser....but I didn't list that, either. Kudos for your method....and I never called you or eluded ot you being a dumbass (or anyone else).
Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must say I have never tried my 50 yard mark but we do shoot the straight down shot while we practice on our thursday night shoots. I have always just used my 20 yard pin and aimed about 2 inchs low and have always hit my mark, but I will try your way once just to see.. Walt
Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty simple concept....

If you use your 20 yd pin (accurate at 20yds) and aim for a spot from 2 yds with your compound,.....with a broadside target.....(from the ground).....you WILL hit LOW.

We're on page 7.
So you use what? You're 40 yard pin? I use my arrow shaft. What is the difference, besides preference?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I have always just used my 20 yard pin and aimed about 2 inchs low and have always hit my mark,
No offense....but that makes no sense.

Of course....I don't know how big your mark is, either
Old 07-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

If it'll make you feel better, Kyle......I'll go back and add a choice for "arrow shaft".
Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it'll make you feel better, Kyle......I'll go back and add a choice for "arrow shaft".
I'll only feel better if you add "No Pins" because you asked what pin I'd use, I want to follow you're premise...it's not my thread
Old 07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) No pins needed at six feet as I have practiced a bit instinctive. I have faith in my abilities to do so out to about 15 yards in case I were to suddenly break my site or loose my peep in the course of a hunt. I probably will never use it on a deer (I shot a coyote instinctively once) but who knows. Edit: If I were to use my pins my arrow would hit perhaps 2" below my 20 yard pin. Some of you guys must have some weird pin/peep configurations.

2) I have never practiced a strait down shot so I would rather not start now.

What is this, national PMS week? Simmer people! Get outside this weekend

Quick Reply: "IF" you were going to take these shots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.