Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?

I have been slaying deer with my '05 Hoyt Viper, but read about people on here selling '07's to buy an '08. I dont get it. Is the general concensus that you want a newer bow because it wil make you shoot better or faster, or was it you had bad success with your prior bow.

Besides shooting 3D or in tournaments, and looking for extra speed, or a morepimped out bow, what was wrong with the bow you may have had last year, or the year before, ect.

Im perfectly content with my '05 Hoyt, and wouldnt trade it for the world (unless I had an extra $1500 to spend on a new set-up)

Do the people here that are always getting the newest thing out expect them to be a better hunting bow, or for the speed and accuracy in indoor shooting tournaments?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?

If money was no object I'd buy TWO new bows every year.

I love bows, and I love trying new things when it comes to archery. My bow is two years old now and I'm starting to get antsy.

I absolutely LOVED my current bow until I shot the 08 Bowtechs. I sort of wish I hadn't done that.....
Old 07-25-2008, 08:12 AM

makes no sence to me .

I just bought a 07 new in the box Browning Mirage for $300 shipped about a month ago , the bow I had befor it was a 97 or 98 FeatherMax and was sill a great bow when I sold it , I just wanted a shorter ATA bow for hunting out of a blind with. I would emagin I will have this one for Quite some time also as it is a dead ringer , Super Bow.

Ron
Old 07-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

If money was no object I'd buy TWO new bows every year.

I love bows, and I love trying new things when it comes to archery. My bow is two years old now and I'm starting to get antsy.

I absolutely LOVED my current bow until I shot the 08 Bowtechs. I sort of wish I hadn't done that.....
Do you think the new 08 bowtechs have a better chance at killing a deer than my 3 yr old Hoyt? Or do they just feel better, and look newer?
Old 07-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Is the general concensus that you want a newer bow because it wil make you shoot better or faster, or was it you had bad success with your prior bow.
No.

Do the people here that are always getting the newest thing out expect them to be a better hunting bow, or for the speed and accuracy in indoor shooting tournaments?
No.

Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?
Because I can.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Viper I used to do this when I shot for some local shos but I was getting them at really good deals and could sell my old ones for more than I could buy a new one for. I haven't done this since 2000...I shot the same two bows for over 6 years until this year. This year I just wanted a new bow and had the means this year, there was nothing wrong with the bows, in fact two of my buddies bought the bows and are shooting them this year....
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with ya on this one Viper. Even if I did have $1500 to spend on a new setup, why do it when you got one that kills deer? People are gonna wish they hadn't been spendin money left and right when this country goes to hell in a few years, that's another issue though. I like my '06 Parker Hornet, won't buy a new one til she decides to break on me. No sense in wasting money that could be saved or spent on something more important. But hey, if they wanna blow some cash it aint my deal, go right ahead, but like you said Viper, their setup aint gonna give them a better chance at killing a deer.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree I do it because I can. I've always bought a new bow every year, and sometimes more than one. I can get a decent price out of my year old bow and therefore it has never cost me a bunch to move up.

Archery is my main Hobby so most of my play money has always went that direction.

Why get a New Bow every year?

Why Not!!!

Dan
Old 07-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a new bow because the 05 Switchback I had was too short of a draw length for me. Yes, I killed deer with it but my form was suffering and I was somewhat inconsistent. I sold that bow and got a brand new 07 Commander for less than what I sold the Switchback for!

Do I think it will make me a better hunter? NO
Did I get it because I wanted a "pimped out" bow? NO

I got it because I needed it.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

A Timex keeps time as well as a Rolex. Yet....the man wearing the Rolex has a pride of ownership that ONLY HE needs to justify with himself and HIS financial situation.

It's always amazed me that anyone else CARES

Quick Reply: Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.