Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?

Old 07-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Is the general concensus that you want a newer bow because it wil make you shoot better or faster, or was it you had bad success with your prior bow.
No.

Do the people here that are always getting the newest thing out expect them to be a better hunting bow, or for the speed and accuracy in indoor shooting tournaments?
No.

Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?
Because I can.
I can too but I don't have to have the newest anquickest bow that comes out every year. Oh yea an the lightest arrow so it will shoot fast.

Matter a fact just put my third set of cables an string on mine Tuesday.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

To steal a line from Rob, "Hi, I am Ben and I am a Bow-a-holic."
Old 07-25-2008, 05:10 PM

Because I work in a pro shop.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:42 PM

I dont think it has anything to do withabeing a better hunter or having a better chance of killing a deer.

Mobow has said it on here before. Alot of people on this site are fanatics, die hard fans of the sports.

Why do you need an '05 Hoyt? Why not a '65 Kodiak?

It's all about what you want. Some people buy cars, some people buys houses...........some people buy BOWS
Old 07-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

I buy a new one every 3 years, dont know why, I guess it is the consumer in me, need bigger, badder, better..or in the case of a bow, smaller, lighter and faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

About the only thing I buy "new" is underware![8D]I buy used vehicles, used bows, used guns, etc. Maybe it's the conservative side of me, but I just can't convence myself to buy the newest latest and greatest "things" to hit the market. More power to those that can and do, but there's plenty of us that can "get'er done" with the hand me downs. Might have something to do with me being the youngest of 6!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:34 PM

Here is my line up from the start:

1987- Golden Eagle Talon Predator
1995- Hoyt Raider
1997- High Country Extreme
2002- Parker Hunter- Mag
2007- PSE X Force
2008- Bowtech Alligence

I would have kept the X Force, but I just could not shoot that good with it. I will probably hold on to this Ally for atleast 3or 4 yrs if not more.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buying a new bow everyyear don't make you a fanatic of bow-hunting, it makes you .....just anotherhunterwho likes to have the newest and coolest "gear". Somebody that checks themselves outin the mirror before they hit the woods, make sure they look "cool".I'm a "turkey"-a-holic, but I don't buy the baddest gun and calls each year.....probably because my 870 SPS-T and one mouth call get the job done, no need to waste any more money. Some people just like a lot of toys I guess, and that's understandable,I just like being in the woods and slayin animals. I'd like to know if all these folks actually use every single thing they buy, not talkin about bows, but other "gear". And I'd love to see a picture of em walking through the woods packed down for a "Three Hour Tour". Anyways, tomorrow I'm takin some of my hard-earned money and buyin a case of beer to drink while I'm on the river fishing with a 10 dollar rig and a tube of crickets. No expensive gear, just cheap light beer. Ahhhh the simple life. God Bless America!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you drink a beer??
why do you chase women??
why do you swear when the women are not around??
Because you can!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, for a minute there I was lookin around to find the hidden camera you put in my house. Thought you were talkin right to me, haha, wow. I understand that too, but it don't cost too much money to do those, especially to cuss like a sailor. A new bow is waaaaay more than a case of beer and a bar tab for a pretty lady.

Quick Reply: Why does everyone buy a new bow every year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.