Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting em to come to you...

Old 07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Getting em to come to you...

Yea we hunt some private property nearby north park on the other side of Rt 8. North Park does have some larger animals over there, but the access stinks and most guys already have stakedclaim on the areas and you dont want to intrude on them...

We do have some true giants walking around the suburbs here...Getting access though is the hardest part. Friend of mine hunts the woods behind his house and im going to join him this year. I have lived across the street from a prime set of woods for the past 24 years of my life and cannot get permission to get in there....I have seen some realmonsters over in there as well....We had one in the backyard last year that was 13pts and probaly pushing 180lbs...Just cant gain access to hunt....

Nice thing is ill be able to leave work by 5 or 6 and be in a stand by 530...Should get a fewreally good evening hunts in...'

Going to start scouting the area probaly in the next few weeks...hopefully get a stand in by mid August and keep on scouting.