Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Saddle......

Old 07-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree Saddle......

I've been using the tree saddle for 3 seasons now and I love it. But I'll admit I do NOT understand the point of the Lone Wolf Assassin system. If I'm going to carry a platform into the woods, why not just carry a regular Lone Wolf stand - it's not like those are heavy.

The beauty of the Tree Saddle system is mobility, light weight, andflexibility. I just carry a few screw in steps in my hip pouch or some strap on steps and I can walk anywhere and hunt any tree based on the sign I see.

For private land, I'll have 8 or 10 trees prepared prior to the season with screw in steps for different wind conditions. Then I'll put on my saddle, climb up and hunt without the noise or the hassle of hanging a treestand or climbing with a climber. And I don't have to worry about my stands getting stolen or somebody else hunting my spots when I'm not there. I can have 10 or more trees ready to hunt at a moments notice without having to buy 10 different treestands. Unlike a climber, I can hunt any tree that will hold my weight and shoot 360 degrees around the tree, using the tree to hide behind until I'm ready to shoot.

It's extemely quiet and suprisingly comfortable. I actually prefer hunting from the treesaddle over regular hang on stands.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

i wouldnt use one.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the input...
Old 07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

That's it? Any reason for this?
ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

i wouldnt use one.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used one almost exclusively last year. I really love it. There was a learning curve and it will take some time to get used to it, but once you do it's great. It's not as comfortable as say my summit climber but it's easy to pack in and out and very versital. I use it as part of my overall "tree stand arsonal".
Old 07-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

How long could you last in one? Would you be able to handle and all day hunt?

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I've been using the tree saddle for 3 seasons now and I love it. But I'll admit I do NOT understand the point of the Lone Wolf Assassin system. If I'm going to carry a platform into the woods, why not just carry a regular Lone Wolf stand - it's not like those are heavy.

The beauty of the Tree Saddle system is mobility, light weight, andflexibility. I just carry a few screw in steps in my hip pouch or some strap on steps and I can walk anywhere and hunt any tree based on the sign I see.

For private land, I'll have 8 or 10 trees prepared prior to the season with screw in steps for different wind conditions. Then I'll put on my saddle, climb up and hunt without the noise or the hassle of hanging a treestand or climbing with a climber. And I don't have to worry about my stands getting stolen or somebody else hunting my spots when I'm not there. I can have 10 or more trees ready to hunt at a moments notice without having to buy 10 different treestands. Unlike a climber, I can hunt any tree that will hold my weight and shoot 360 degrees around the tree, using the tree to hide behind until I'm ready to shoot.

It's extemely quiet and suprisingly comfortable. I actually prefer hunting from the treesaddle over regular hang on stands.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

How long could you last in one? Would you be able to handle an all day hunt?
An all day hunt in the saddle can be done, but truthfully you'd be more comfortable in a ladder stand or a lounging climber. For me, all day hunts are tough no matter what kind of stand you're in.

Most of my saddle hunts are 4 hours or less. I've done all day hunts in it and it was more mentally than physically challenging.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thing is ridiculous, another pointless product that sells I guess. And look at the dadgum price!!! You gotta be kidding me, for a dadgum strap?!?! If the guy in the advertising picture was sittin in a stand it would be nothin but a safety harness. Take the seat away and I could prop my feet on the tree at an angle like that, and I guarantee you I could swing around a tree if I had to also. Why in the world would you need to swing around the tree though? I shot two does in one day last year during gun season by turning around and sittin on the front rail of my climber. Made the shots almost directly behind the tree. You would have to pay me to use this thing. This product is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, IN MY OPINION.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

You would have to pay me to use this thing. This product is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, IN MY OPINION.
Funny because I feel the exact same way - about climbing stands. You couldn't give me one for free. Too bulky, noisy, and heavy to carry3/4 amile into the big woods. And the trees around me tend to havethis thing calledbranches that would make a climbing stand a huge PITA. No thanks. To each his own I guess.

I have personally let three people try my tree saddle, and all three bought one afterusing mine. One of the guysI know hunts with a longbow from the saddle because his climbing stand bar interferes with drawing the longbow.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Spike

Funny how most of the naysayers are close minded individuals who have never tried the item in question. I mulled over purchasing a tree saddle for 2 years...researched every forum and read hundreds of posts before I finally committed. Of all the hunters who posted, I can only recall one that actually used one and didn't like it. I love mine. I have done all day hunts from it...from 5 am til 1 pm, climb down for lunch...then back in it at 2 pm til dark. Ive slept in it. To me it is very comfortable. Having said that, it must be set up properly, otherwise you will be miserable. When properly set up you can lengthen or shorten the strap during the hunt to either stand or sit snuggled against the tree. One of the best tips I gleaned from reading the forums is to purchase a turkey hunting cushion and strap it to the tree where your knees/body can rest against it. Talk about comfort! I say to anyone who is seriously considering one and is committed to learning how to use it, you won't regret getting one.

Quick Reply: Tree Saddle......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.