Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHAT CAN I USE...?

Old 03-05-2003, 08:53 AM

Default WHAT CAN I USE...?

What can i do during the spring/summer months to bring more deer, and bucks to my stand. i saw plenty of does, bu no bucks. So i was wondering if there was any thing i shoud use and or just scout again.
while scothing, what should i look for.

Thanks alot.

Andrew
Old 03-05-2003, 09:02 AM

Default RE: WHAT CAN I USE...?

If your just trying to view them try some corn and put out a mineral/salt block. But don' t get discouraged if you don' t see mature bucks. We have seen while performing camera censuses on some of the land I hunt that even in the summer with no hunting pressure ,that mature bucks will still feed at feeders at night (usually about 12:00-1:00 ) .
Old 03-05-2003, 02:56 PM

Billa, just my two cents worth but I would scout for feeding areas and bedding areas and trails from one to the other. Later I would look for rubs and scrapes . I would move my stand before I would try to move the deer, I think you will find it easier. I really don' t like the baiting idea but that is just me.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:14 PM

I didn' t really read the question good enough. I thought you just wanted to see deer in the off season. Sorry !! [8D]
If your looking for a better area to kill a buck next season then yes , scout and look for the areas hafa8pt mentioned.