Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who here still hunts with outdated bows?

Old 03-05-2003, 06:23 AM
nub

Default RE: who here still hunts with outdated bows?

Bought my MQ1 the year they first hit the shelves. [:-]Think I' ll keep it til someone invents a better one. I will have to go shoot that new LX though, now that Muzzy has a rest for it.[8D]
Old 03-05-2003, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am trying to tell my wife that my SQ2 is just getting too old, but she won' t buy it. Imagine that!!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:38 AM

My buckmaster has to be outdated.
I bought it used, and have had it for a few years, and the guy at the pro-shop guessed it was an older one, so yeah older and outdated here.
(It still competes very nicely at 3-Ds with a matthews, hoyt, and jennings that are all less than a year old :-))
Old 03-05-2003, 06:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some good points above...specifically, what makes a bow outdated? The fact that the company no longer makes that particular model? The fact that the bow might not be worth selling? etc...

Up until about 6 or 7 years ago I still hunted with a Bear Whitetail bow crica 1984 and it served me perfectly well. Then the little bow buy bit me and I have not been well since...
Old 03-05-2003, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

Until this year, I did as well. Like GleninAZ, I too have hunted with the PSE Carroll Intruder DC since 1992, and I' ve shot many whitetails with it. Set on 78 lbs, it still shoots 264 fps with a 450 grain 2413. I also still have my Bear Whitetail II and it has killed even more whitetails than the PSE. Admittedly, it' s slow, but it is still deadly. I could probably even dig back into the closet and find my Indian 45# recurve, though I' m not sure if I have a string for it.!!!

Guess I' m going to hunt with a new one this year!!! We' ll see if that Bowtech VFT can keep the venison coming. One thing is for sure, these new bows are amazing to shoot
Old 03-05-2003, 06:55 AM

I killed a deer the last day of the season with my trusty old PSE 2050Z with Maxis cams. It' s a ' 93 or ' 94 model and still zings them right in there. I' ll take it hunting in a heartbeat.

I did just by a 2002 MQ1 from a friend for a steal. Very nice shooter. I love the draw on that thing. Very smooth. I' ll be hunting with it next season, but my old PSE ain' t going anywhere.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:59 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

AK,

Well said!

JRW
Old 03-05-2003, 07:02 AM

for the past 16yrs i hunted with a golden eagle turbo cam hunter. this year i switched from fingers to a release and purchased a legacy. the difference between the two bows was like going from a horse and buggy to an automobile.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:16 AM

Bear Kodiak compound, with wheels. It was used when I purchased it years ago. I don' t know how old it is. It sqeaks and creaks, but still gets the job done.

Bought my wife a Golden Eagle Evolution, with dual cams a couple of months ago, but I' m stealing it from her, and buying her something with even less pull weight.

Old 03-05-2003, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ALL my bows are younger than I am. Can' t none of ' em be outdated.

Quick Reply: who here still hunts with outdated bows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.