Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No Peep and Portable blinds

Old 03-04-2003, 08:39 PM

Default No Peep and Portable blinds

Im thinking about setting up a portable blind( Ameristep- or someother) but am wondering if anybody has used a no peep on their bows inside of a blind. With it being kinda dark inside the blind it seems as if a No Peep on a bow might not work. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried it before I invest... Id rather not be without my No Peep if possible
Old 03-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: No Peep and Portable blinds

I spend some time each year in my tree stand but no blind. And I don' t know that much about the No Peep. Mine should be in tomorrow' s mail. But it seems logical that if you use fiber optic pins as I do, and you can see your pins to shoot, you should also have enough light to see your No Peep.

I' ll be interested in seeing the experienced archers resopnses.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:01 PM

When you' re at your local pro shop, ask them to take it out of the package, and step into one of their closets and look back out into the store. Should give you some idea of what to expect, shouldn' t it?

Just an idea....

Jim.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:02 AM
Spike

What I have found with my no-peep over the last few years is that, as Timberline states for their fiber-optic sights, it works best in natural light. I have one of their sights and their no-peep. I can see both outdoors in almost no light, which would happen at the early and late end of shooting time. However, in an archery shop it isn' t as easy to see because the light bulbs don' t illuminate them as well. Going into a closet will NOT test what you are looking for. Although I haven' t tried it, I suspect that the no-peep would work fine in a blind. I have gone outdoors when it was almost totally dark and been able to shoot fine using the no-peep in order to check how it works at low natural light. Under those conditions I can use it under much less light than I can see a peep.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]