Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Scent Control Product

Old 07-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best Scent Control Product

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

But that spray stuff is even more of a gimmick than the Scent Blocker clothing! Spraying your money away every hunt has got to get expensive?? But this is just my opinion, to each his own!
Gimmick? Since Scent Killer can remove gasoline smell off my hands, I think I'll continue to use that type of "gimmick" for many years to come.
Yeah I said gimmick Rob! I figured I would get some flack for it! But heck air evaporates gasoline in a very short amount of time... to each his own! Spray away!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:39 PM

I was going to post a question asking the very same thing, thanks Kamil. I am eager to see how this comes out. I get too few of opportunities to harvest an animal to gambel on if the stuff works a little or a lot, for the price I will use some kind of product this year.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Gimmick? Since Scent Killer can remove gasoline smell off my hands, I think I'll continue to use that type of "gimmick" for many years to come.
And at $15/season......who's really getting hurt?
I guess thats cheap enough! It just seems like those guys on the idiot box are spraying them selves down every hunt. They spray every piece of gear from stands, bows, boots to tow ropes! I just thought that would get expensive if you used the stuff they way they say your supposed to!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

But that spray stuff is even more of a gimmick than the Scent Blocker clothing! Spraying your money away every hunt has got to get expensive?? But this is just my opinion, to each his own!
But heck air evaporates gasoline in a very short amount of time...
This is true. But not the ODOR of the gasoline!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Early, I meant the odor of it, the smell goes away!! My bad! You ever smell the odor coming off of the scent killer, stick your nose in a bottle? Like I said to each his own!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Early, I meant the odor of it, the smell goes away!! My bad! You ever smell the odor coming off of the scent killer, stick your nose in a bottle? Like I said to each his own!
Yea, I figured that. But, you do realize the importance of political correctness on this forum?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Yea, I figured that. But, you do realize the importance of political correctness on this forum?
Unfortunately I do, but hey PreacherT will be happy I spelled everything right, I think!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

I guess thats cheap enough! It just seems like those guys on the idiot box are spraying them selves down every hunt. They spray every piece of gear from stands, bows, boots to tow ropes! I just thought that would get expensive if you used the stuff they way they say your supposed to!
Thats the kicker.
Whether you only use one squirt of it or a whole case, your results will be the same.

We as humans, try to rationalize everything back to OUR senses when we form opinions on these type products.

Even though most of us accept the fact that a deer's nose sensors are over 1000 times better than ours, we still equate things back to how we smell or see things and somehow think that the same or similar results occur with deer.

This same misconception applies to camo. Just because it is harder for us to detect a person in a wooded environment, we naturally try to associate that with deer even though we know that their eyesight and color detection is completely different than ours.

But it is these misconceptions that helps the U.S. economy, so keep buyin' whatever makes you happy and gives you "the edge".

Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

But Jack....

WHO gets to draw the line in the sand between what "works" and what's a "gimmick"? If we used the logic from your thread......why even wash your clothes in neutral detergent......or avoid smoking on stand? Where's that line?

I spend about $15/season on e3 and another $12/season on DDW detergent.

If it covers up 1% (though I and millions of others think it's doing a lot more)more than NOT using it.....then that line you're talking about is a financial one that some just don't wanna cross.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Presently I use 3 different one's that I have a lot of faith in.Vanishing Hunter,The Homemade concoction ,which I make close to a gallon at a time,and I use Atsko no odor.They all work well.The Atsko and Home made stuff is quite inexpensive.The vanishing hunter I use to rinse out my mouth with.
Obviously you hunt with the wind in your favor but in my mountains I don't have the luxury of a consistent wind,also does the buck always appear from the direction you expect them to?Does a doe sometimes bring them down wind of you? Yes you take into consideration the obvious and then you take into consideration what may happen.

Quick Reply: Best Scent Control Product

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.