Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

recent cam photos with massive kansas bucks

Old 07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: recent cam photos with massive kansas bucks

a while ago we knew there were some good bucks on this property so we decided retain control of the land but not hunt it for 3 years, last year terry went in and didn't even make it to the stand before he shot a 165" on opening day. now we only hunt the land every other year with minimal interaction. also the farmer lives on a corner of the land and with him there and other farmers living across the road on other corners it keep the poachers out. that is why i believe we have so many giant deer here.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

If that doesn't make you want to get out and hunt nothing will
Old 07-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

vmartin-The antlers on that buck is hugh.Talk about your heart stoping ,i don't know if i would be able to pull my bow back on that buck my arms would be like rubberbans lol.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vmartin

... also the farmer lives on a corner of the land and with him there and other farmers living across the road on other corners it keep the poachers out. that is why i believe we have so many giant deer here.
Is poaching that big of a problem in Kansas? Or is it just a regional thing (certain counties)?
Old 07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

poaching is a huge problem, i have caught a lot of poachers in the past. it is my biggest problem of producing big whitetails. it only takes one poacher to ruin a property for the year
Old 07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

i talked to a game warden about it last year, he said that around tuttle creek wild life area and around onaga kansas were the 2 worst areas in the state. i came from onaga and even i won't hunt there, most of that land is worthless. it would be good but nobody up there cares. 3 years ago i had a piece of property right next to town, we had the game warden come out and set up a fake deer, he caught almost 5 people per day before word started to spread.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good bucks!!!! I hope you get one of them monsters......
Old 07-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vmartin

i talked to a game warden about it last year, he said that around tuttle creek wild life area and around onaga kansas were the 2 worst areas in the state. i came from onaga and even i won't hunt there, most of that land is worthless. it would be good but nobody up there cares. 3 years ago i had a piece of property right next to town, we had the game warden come out and set up a fake deer, he caught almost 5 people per day before word started to spread.
WOW!! That really sucks. I can't stand poachers. They're no different than any other kind of criminal as far as I'm concerned.[:@][:'(][>:][>:]
Old 07-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck for sure. Just set mine up tonight as I am going to hang it tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

From the looks of the 3rd picture you have some problems with big turkeys as well.

Quick Reply: recent cam photos with massive kansas bucks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.