Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's Your Deer Tag Cost?

Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's Your Deer Tag Cost?

200 deer? I could do that in a heartbeat.....

"Eagles Nest 1, Eagles Nest 1, target acquired at coordinates Lat 47 01 01.1 Long 93 16 05.6. Weapons Free, take 'em out."
Old 07-16-2008, 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

Resident AdultPalicense and archery tag is $36. Very cheap as far as I'm concerned. I think they need to raise them! I'm serious!! Also, $6 for each antlerless tag.

Alberta non-resident archery whitetailtag is $275[:@]
What are you smoking gun powder!![:@] They make there money off the extra doe tags. I'll take what I can.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: blackjeep04

ORIGINAL: early in

Resident AdultPalicense and archery tag is $36. Very cheap as far as I'm concerned. I think they need to raise them! I'm serious!! Also, $6 for each antlerless tag.

Alberta non-resident archery whitetailtag is $275[:@]
What are you smoking gun powder!![:@] They make there money off the extra doe tags. I'll take what I can.
Think about it, $36 includes archery, and a measly $6 for each doe tag! For all of the great time you get to spend outdoors, that's a SMALL price to pay! Also, think how raising the license fee wouldget rid of the
want to be's. The rise in cost would make up the monetary difference in non license purchases.There would be alotless overcrowding on state landas well. RAISE THOSE LICENSE COST'S!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

[ul][*]KANSAS[*][*][*][*][*]Any-season White-tailed Deer Permit (available over the counter) $32.50 general resident, $17.50 resident landowner, $17.50 all tenants – Valid for hunting white-tailed deer statewide during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearms season using equipment legal during that season.[*]Archery Either-species/Either-sex Deer Permit (available over the counter) $32.50 general resident, $17.50 resident landowner, $17.50 all tenants – Valid for hunting antlered or antlerless white-tailed or mule deer statewide during archery season with archery equipment.[*]Muzzleloader Either-species/Either-sex Deer Permit (available over the counter) $32.50 general resident, $17.50 resident landowner, $17.50 all tenants – Valid for hunting antlered or antlerless white-tailed or mule deer during muzzleloader-only and firearm seasons in the east unit (3,4,5,7,16) or the west unit (1,2,17,18) using muzzleloading equipment only.[*]Firearm Either-species/Either-sex Deer Permit (available by application and draw) $37.50 general resident, $22.50 resident landowner, $22.50 all tenants (includes a $6.50 nonrefundable application fee) – Valid for hunting antlered or antlerless white-tailed or mule deer statewide firearms season in the east unit (3,4,5,7,16) or the west unit (1,2,17,18) using equipment legal during firearms deer season.[*]Hunt-Own-Land Deer Permit (available over the counter) $17.50 resident landowner, $17.50 all tenants – Available to individuals who qualify as residents landowners or as tenants, including family members living with the landowner or tenant. Permit valid for any white-tailed or mule deer only on land owned or operated by landowner or tenant during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearm seasons using equipment legal for that season.[*]Special Hunt-Own-Land Relative Deer Permit (available over the counter) $32.50 – Available to individuals who qualify as lineal ascendants or descendants or siblings of resident landowners or tenants, and spouses of a qualifying landowner. Permit valid for any white-tailed or mule deer only on land owned or operated by landowner or tenant during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearm seasons using equipment legal for that season.[*]Antlerless White-tailed Deer Permit (available over the counter) $17.50 resident, $77.50 nonresident – Valid for hunting antlerless white-tailed deer during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearms seasons using equipment legal during that season. The first antlerless permit purchased will be valid statewide on all lands (department lands, WIHA, private lands); the second whitetail antlerless permit purchased will be valid on WIHA and private lands in units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, and on Cedar Bluff Wildlife Area; the third through fifth whitetail antlerless permit will be valid on private lands and walk-in hunt areas in units 7, 8, 10A, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 19. All deer hunters will be required to have a deer permit that allows them to take an antlered deer before they may acquire an antlerless-only permit.[*]Antlerless Either-species Deer Permit (available over the counter) $17.50 resident, $77.50 nonresident – Valid for hunting any antlerless white-tailed or mule deer within Deer Management Unit 3 onlyduring muzzleloader-only, archery, or firearm season with equipment legal for that season. All deer hunters will be required to have a deer permit that allows them to take an antlered deer before they may acquire an antlerless-only permit.[*]Nonresident White-tailed Deer Permit (by application and draw) $322.50 (includes a $21.50 nonrefundable application fee) – Valid for hunting in a designated management unit and one adjacent unit, using legal equipment for the deer season (muzzleloader-only, archery, or firearm) selected by the hunter upon application. Muzzleloader-only permits valid for use in early muzzleloader and regular firearms season using muzzleloading equipment only; firearms permits valid for use in the regular firearms season using any legal firearm equipment; archery permits valid for use in the archery season using archery equipment only. For an additional fee of $102.50 submitted at time of application for a whitetail either sex permit, a nonresident who draws an archery or muzzleloader-only white-tailed deer permit valid in a mule deer unit may apply for one of a limited number of mule deer stamps. A mule deer stamp, if drawn by luck of the draw will convert the applicant’s white-tailed deer permit to an either species/either-sex deer permit. If unsuccessful in the mule deer stamp draw, you will receive a refund for $101.00 and be issued your whitetail either sex draw permit.[*]Nonresident Hunt-Own-Land Deer Permit (available over the counter) $77.50 – Available to nonresident individuals who qualify as Kansas landowners. Permit valid for any white-tailed or mule deer only on land owned or operated by the nonresident landowner, during muzzleloader-only, archery, and firearm seasons using equipment legal for that season.[*]Resident youth half price permits for big game and turkey permits.[/ul]
Old 07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Free..with a lifetime license

I've never bought a tag.
Lucky.

I just bought my lifetime license, but I still have to buy tags. The good news is, if I ever move out of the state, I can come back and hunt for resident prices!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Think about it, $36 includes archery, and a measly $6 for each doe tag! For all of the great time you get to spend outdoors, that's a SMALL price to pay! Also, think how raising the license fee wouldget rid of the
want to be's. The rise in cost would make up the monetary difference in non license purchases.There would be alotless overcrowding on state landas well. RAISE THOSE LICENSE COST'S!!!
Can I get a HUGE Amen!!!!! Raise the archery stamps to $50....$100 for X-bow use

The PGC is underfunded as is, a license increase would help out a lot. Although with the huge numbers of unsavory characters that inhabit our wonderful state, people would risk hunting without a license(low chance of being caught anyways) and those that did buy thier tags at a higher cost would feel even more ENTITLED to a deer than they already do. Man sometimesI just hate this state. [:@]
Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Think about it, $36 includes archery, and a measly $6 for each doe tag! For all of the great time you get to spend outdoors, that's a SMALL price to pay! Also, think how raising the license fee would get rid of the
want to be's. The rise in cost would make up the monetary difference in non license purchases. There would be a lot less overcrowding on state land as well. RAISE THOSE LICENSE COST'S!!!
Can I get a HUGE Amen!!!!! Raise the archery stamps to $50....$100 for X-bow use

The PGC is underfunded as is, a license increase would help out a lot. Although with the huge numbers of unsavory characters that inhabit our wonderful state, people would risk hunting without a license(low chance of being caught anyways) and those that did buy thier tags at a higher cost would feel even more ENTITLED to a deer than they already do. Man sometimes I just hate this state. [:@]
Yeah, and let the traditional guys hunt for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm not understanding something.....

Our son's lifetime license cost $250 when it was purchased befor ehis 1st birthday. He's 16.....and has been hunting for probably 6 years. How's that "Nothing"?

Wouldn't you divide the cost of your lifetime license/ # of years you've been utilizing it.....to determine the cost/season? Naturally.....this cost would go down, relative to the number of years you've been using it.....but it's not "nothing".

If I purchsed one, today......I think I'd have to hunt the next(almost) 14years to receive the "benefit" of buying the package (assuming the costs don't go up of the annual license). All that.....and they have your money working for them.....instead of the other way around.

I've thought about it.....but with what we pay, annually.....I think I'll ante up each fall.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I thought we still had to but waterfowl stamps??
I may be wrong.....but I think everyone MUST buy a federal stamp....and I think a federal stamp is required to hunt anywhere in the US. Somebody will set me straight, though, I'm sure.

You are correct Jeff. Everyone (US that is) must have a Federal Migratory Bird (Duck) Stamp in order to hunt migratory waterfowl.

There are some states (such as VA and I think even NC for example) that have their own "duck stamp" or sorts. VA actually has a stamp now ($10 or $15 I think...), and I think in NC they call it the "waterfowl privilege".... though that might just be for non-residents from VA..... as the rates for VA non-resident liscenses in NC are actually HIGHER than those from other states... which is bull crap. In most states also, you must have a HIP (Harvest Information Program) #, which is basically proof that you answered the survey about your previous year's harvest. The number is free... just have to answer a few ?'s.

I have a lifetime liscense in VA.... that covers the basic hunting liscense only (which is now $18/year resident). In order to hunt deer, bear or turkey, I must also purchase a big game license, which has my tags for another $18. The archery license is another $18..... so thats $36 total.

If I chose to hunt during the special early muzzleloader season... then its ANOTHER $18. Same if I wanted to hunt with a crossbow during the early archery season....folks that hunt with bow vertical bows and crossbows are required to have an archery license and a crossbow license ($18 each).

If you hunt National or State Forrest.... you get to purchase another stamp, which I think is like $4 for National forrest and $15 for state forrest. There is also some public land access stamp which is like $18.

I have never really minded paying license fees much, because they go directly back into the resource... but I can't help feeling slightly nickel and dimed.

EDIT: BTW.... a resident big game license has 3 Either sex (buck) tags and 3 Antlerless Only tags. As well as one bear tag and three turkey tags (two are fall or spring harvest, one is spring harvest only). Additional doe tags are sold in pairs for $18 and you may buy as many as you like.

You get ONLY 3 Either sex (buck) tags in VA... thats it. However, some places have DMAP (Deer Management Assistance Program) that allows certain clubs/landowners/leasees to harvest anterless deer on any legal hunting day of the season, in addition to their daily bag limit. (example... you may take two deer per hunting day in VA.....if you have DMAP you may take two deer on your own tags, plus two on DMAP tags in a single day). The DMAP program is for antlerless deer only (the tags are anyway) and you are given a certain amount of tags based on the amount of property you have and the health of the overall deer herd on your propertly. In return, hunters must submit data for analysis to the department in the form of a deer by deer survey, and include the jaw bones from EVERY deer taken on the property enrolled. Its really a good program, and that coupled with another program called DCAP (Damage Control Assistance Program) is using hunting during the legal seasons, via increased season length and more liberal bag limits to create additional recreational hunting opportunity in lieu of simply using carte blanche kill permits to prevent excessive crop damage. There are still a few places that require straight out old school kill permits though... but these programs help keep them to a minimum.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

Free..with a lifetime license

I've never bought a tag.
Lucky.

I just bought my lifetime license, but I still have to buy tags. The good news is, if I ever move out of the state, I can come back and hunt for resident prices!!!

And that is something that VA does not do..... if I ever move out of state and come back to deer or turkey hunt, even though I have a lifetime resident license, I have to buy a non-resident big game license.

Quick Reply: What's Your Deer Tag Cost?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.