Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most Memorible Moment

Old 07-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Most Memorible Moment

It would definately be my firstand only buck I harvested so far.It happened the last day of 06' archery season and I have to give my wife credit because I slept through my alarm and she woke me up in time to get out in the morning.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Easy it would have been my daughter Stephaniesfirst bow kill of her carreer!! It was 1999 and the first year I was letting her hunt by herself but I was only about 80 yards away and I was able to hear to shoot it!! Sorry about the pic all I had at the time was a cheapo camera.. Walt

Old 07-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ran 3 miles down the road sprinted the entire way to get my Grandfather and tell him I got one.

Jim you will love this, I ran three deer off his bait pile[8D] When he ask how for did it run, I replied it dropped right there in the bait pile.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was when I took my stepson out for his first hunt. He shot a nubbing buck ( it was an antlerless only youth hunt) he thought he could only shoot a doe.When I told him it was a buck he asked if he was going to be arrested.That was a great hunt.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I remember every shot, hit or miss but the best would be my first buck. It was my first full season hunting with a bow and the weekend before rifle season started. I heard something coming and turned around to see 6 pt walking in. As I got up to turn around my arrow fell off and stuck in the ground under my stand. The buck was still about 40 yards out and kept coming. I knocked another arrow and stuck him at about 32 yards - watched him run about 40 yards and drop.

I ended up shooting an 8 pointer the next Sat morningduring rifle season from the same tree, so it was a very memorable week.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

My most memorable moment would have to bearrowing my 06' buck, with my wife by my side. After lots of days of scouting, everything finally came together on that hunt.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

It was my first kill with a bow when I was 12 years old. 1986.

Can someone find me some camo paint....I'm running low.

Very, very ! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

None are "more memorable" than any others. However, if I had to choose only one to remember from now on it would be November 15, 1998 when my father and I both shot nice bucks on the same morning on public land. His was much larger, of course, but that doesn't matter a lick. What a great day that was...