Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things I have learned about Rage BH

Old 07-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Things I have learned about Rage BH

Well last year I shot a doe with one, it was the biggest hole I have seen. The most blood I have ever seen on a trail. Even though I see the deer go down.

Like most things they need to be taken care of, so I did a test.

I put a lot oil on 4 of by rage 2 blade BH, I left one without.

The four with oil I just looked at and they are ready for service, blades still shart and O-ring in good condition.

The one without was not so good, I had to touch up the blades and the o-ring was rotten.

I like the rage and I am going to use them, I suggest those who do use them to inspect them after a long sit. A little non-scented oil goes a long way
Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things I have learned about Rage BH

i use rage too and i found that the o-ring does this too. what kind of oil did you use to fix this because i am tired of trying to find or pay for just the o-rings to replace them lol
[align=left] [/align]
Old 07-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good idea. Mineral oil should do the trick.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Good idea. Mineral oil should do the trick.
I use mineral oil all the time.... great stuff..... no scent
Old 07-14-2008, 07:25 PM

GERM I have a few ill send you never used. I hate them. Everytime I used one The blades prematurely expanded. Nothing happens prematurely in this house.....wife doesnt put up with it.

PM if you want em.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABuckbuster12

GERM I have a few ill send you never used. I hate them. Everytime I used one The blades prematurely expanded. Nothing happens prematurely in this house.....wife doesnt put up with it.

PM if you want em.
Thats why I like the rockymountain snypers. The little band on the tip makes me feel so much better.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a pack a few weeks ago and was thinking of trying them this year. I haven't shot any of them including the practice head yet but the reviews sound good. Great idea about how to take care of them. Will definetly have to remember that!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will try this on my NAP Spitfires Germ....

I actually sold 6 Rage that I bought on ebay...saving for a GPS...I was going to try them this year but changed my mind for no reason...I like the spitfire XP's and I was just looking for some cash....

All I hear is A++ for the rage 2 blade.....I've heard D- on the 3 blade...but just from a few buddies...
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks....Great tip... pardon the pun!!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's what I do with mine.....

Even the new ones......I open them up and deploy the blades to make sure they're working smoothly. I then lay them on a piece of newspaper in my shed and pray them with a light coat of WD40. I work that into the mechanisms.....then let them lay to dry. When they're "dry"......I work them a little more.....then spray them with e3. I spray them a time or two more and the smell of the WD40 is gone.

I also have begun (at Rick James recommendation) to use the small rubber bands almost at the end of the front of the blades.

Even without doing this....I have never had one open in flight.....and I've never had one NOT open.

Good luck whichever head you choose.

Quick Reply: Things I have learned about Rage BH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.