Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would your "Dream Team" change if they HAD to score?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Would your "Dream Team" change if they HAD to score?

I never picked a "Dream Team". I don't like to leave anyone out that I might accidentally overlook.

I've only been here long enough to be in 2 contests which I scored in both of them. I have scored on decent bucks from 126 to 173 gross score for each of the last 5 seasons.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

In my way of thinking it does, I have to pass up a a lot ofbucks tokill aP&Y every year, if I lowered my standers I would have100% success rateon 100 to 120 inch bucks every year. The more little bucks you pass, the bigger you kill, so no my list would not change.
Grizz.....commendable....but you're missing the point.

There are guys who score in this contest every year who HAVEN'T lowered their standards.

I was JUST trying to give a shout out to those guys. Nothing more.

I'm sure Rob/Pa is....and I'm pretty sure Quick is proud of his entries. I'm sure there are others I don't know about. There's something to be said for consistency....and when we enter a contest that ONLY counts inches of antler.....sometimes these guys get overlooked.

I see were your are going with this post and I commend the thosethat "get it done". I'm not trying to take anything away from there accomplishments. Butif Ichange my list it would take away from theaccomplishments of theones I have chosen, they could constantly put numbers on the board if they lowered there standards and self discipline.I'm sure Germ could have put numbers on the board, along with many others on this site.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

I never picked a "Dream Team". I don't like to leave anyone out that I might accidentally overlook.

I've only been here long enough to be in 2 contests which I scored in both of them. I have scored on decent bucks from 126 to 173 gross score for each of the last 5 seasons.
Penned deer don't count Greg!LOL
Old 07-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Dominant Buck

I see were your are going with this post and I commend the thosethat "get it done". I'm not trying to take anything away from there accomplishments. Butif Ichange my list it would take away from theaccomplishments of theones I have chosen, they could constantly put numbers on the board if they lowered there standards and self discipline.I'm sure Germ could have put numbers on the board, along with many others on this site.
Holy cow....I give up.

These guys (the ones you mention) have HAD their day. They get brought up in thread after thread citing their contest accomplishments.

This was in no way degrading their kills......JUST giving props to the "other" successful hunters who often times are overlooked (and sometimes not).

I'll let it die.....too complicated.[8D]
Old 07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Huntingson!

I understand the purpose of the question. The first year my team had 8 out of 10 people connect and we won. The second year I think we had 5 or 6 connect and placed fairly high in the contest. If some of the members that got skunked had shot lesser bucks then we might have won, BUT that is their choice not mine, and I don't fault any of them for that (hows that for a run on sentence..I am sure that my high school english teacher is spinning around in her grave....). I don't think anyone should shot a deer just for the contest. They need to shot a deer that they are happy with. If it is a 10 inch wide 4 point then great. If they hold out for a 150+ class buck and only connect once every 10 years that that is great also. In the long run the contest was meant to be a fun online contest and not life or death. I have met some great guys while doing it and I expect that to continue. For everyone that is overly serious about the contest you are the one missing out on the fun.

-john

P.S. And for my future teammates lets all shot the deer we want and still kick some arse...LOL. And for my past teammates I hope I see ya'll again on my team this year.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:48 PM

I believe Shed33 and Kcision have both scored in all 3 contests..... I would put money on them to repeat this season....

Old 07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I believe Shed33 and Kcision have both scored in all 3 contests..... I would put money on them to repeat this season....
You're batting .500 Both are on my team[8D]
Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 PM

Who did I miss Germ?
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've only been in the last 2 contests but have scored on bucks the last 3 years.

Atlasman
Rob/PA
Quicksilver
MOTOWN
jmbuckhunter

Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who did I miss Germ?
Troy went buckless year before last.

Quick Reply: Would your "Dream Team" change if they HAD to score?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.