Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Just curious. I've finally racked up enough Southwest Rapid Rewards points through trade show travel at work, and now have a free roundtrip flight to any Southwest destination city in the US. Since our honeymoon is going to be within driving distance,I get to use this ticket for anything I desire.

Criteria that the hunt needs to fall under is below:
[ul][*]Needs to be within 3-4 hours of a Southwest destination city (see chart below)[*]Needs to be less than $1500 total (not including airfare obviously)[*]Needs to be in 2009[*]Needs to be an archery hunt[/ul]
So what would you do? Give me some ideas!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

I'd call Troy.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

I think you should fly to Philly and hunt the KOP (King of Prussia) Preserve.

Seriously, I see that Kansas City is on there and that is Hunsucker country. Maybe you could hook up with the HB boys or an outfitter they know.

Jeff's idea isn't bad either. Or you could go to Texas and try to do a multi-species hunt on one of the big 10K+ acre ranches down there.

Lots of options.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Idaho for elk. South Dakota for pronghorn. Washington/Oregon for blacktails. Maybe Montana for mulies. Those have always been on my 'someday' list.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'd call Troy.
LOL....I was just going to say, "I'll meet you in ID for an elk hunt."
Old 07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a rental truck in South Texas...drive around with a buddle of 15, 100 dollar bills. Find an elderly rancher that needs the money, tell him you need to scout his property one day. If you find enough sign or see some big bucks, offer him $$750 up front to hunt for a week, keep the other $750 to help pay for your food...he will probably let you stay at his house for free.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be in Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Montana for an elk hunt in the middle of Sept.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm...interesting question. The $1500 is the tough part, but, I think you could still get some good hunting for that money. A good friend of mine went to Nebraska last yaer turkey hunting and he absolutely loved it. all public ground, stayed at a hotel, and killed three birds in three days. This hunt would keep you well under your spending limit. Not sure if birds are an option, but I think the big game stuff will be hard to come by for that price. I was looking at doing a pronghorn hunt in your price range and they are tough to find for archery, and public land archery would be real tough from the people I've talked to.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 AM

I would go to Colorado for an elk hunt.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spokane for Elk!

Quick Reply: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.