Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Default RE: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

ORIGINAL: bowtechben

Sounds like a sweet problem to have Matt. I think that if it were me, even though I would love to whitetail hunt the midwest someday, I would have to head for Denver for elk. A buddy of mine went to some public land out there and had some success finding.....ya finding and shooting at....not hitting or killing elk. I think that it was like 2 and half hours south of denver...I know I can get the info if you want me to check further on it. Let me know. I just think that out there its easier and cheaper to DIY. You may be able to get a buddy involved if you have 1500 to spend. I know my friend went with a buddy and camped out for a few days at a time...getting deep in to the public land out there and loving it.
Rick James: If your looking for a travel partner on a DIY, I have a voucher for free airfare as well. I'd love to do some elk hunting on some public land. Have heard several stories of succesful hunts with DIY guys going to montana and colorado etc.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

I would be torn to hunt with Will in Colorado for Elk

or Whitetails with Mobo in Missouri....
Old 07-14-2008, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd go on an Elk hunt somewhere I could purchase over the counter tags.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yip, being around elk any year that I choose is hard to beat in Sept. I'm sure you could find someone in one of the western states that would share a camp with you and let you experience some bugling with an over the counter tag. Bugling elk is hard to beat!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with everyone or anyone that said an elk hunt (with a bow!) !
Old 07-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Albuquerque for Elk no doubt in my mind
Old 07-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mule deer, elk, bear, antelope in Colorado...all four for @$1500 in two week's time.

It would be blacktail for me though.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moose, elk, with bow anywhere.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kamil

Albuquerque for Elk no doubt in my mind
Definitely!! New Mexico is Great!

Dan
Old 07-15-2008, 06:15 AM

x2

Quick Reply: If you had a free roundtrip plane ticket, what hunt would you choose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.