Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think your shop carries the right inventory?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you think your shop carries the right inventory?

The shop closest to my hunting spot is a very small shop. (Greg, it's the one run by the guy in front of usat the 3D shoot we shot in IL.) They have no inventory at all. Maybe 4 or 5 old sights hanging on a pegboard. A couple of releases and a few rests. Nothing to try out, but they will order it for you. NO THANKS.

I drive the extra miles to a bigger shop that has most everything you would ever want. And in good supply too, not just one. I like to try things out before I buy it. It's the only shop I could find that stocked the verifier. That is not something you cannot buy without trying one first. You have to get the right lens for your eyes.

The bigger shop always askes if they had what I was looking for when I check out.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:18 PM

well, i truthfully like to shop at bass or gander and then have my shop set it up for me because they have better deals, but i do buy my arrows at my proshop.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The shop I go to has allot of stuff I look for, even things that you wouldn't allot of store have they usually have it. And if they don't they can usually order it. They have never asked me what I would like to see them carry, but I don't go there often.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The local shop is primarily a gun shop so most archery stuff limited in scope and quantity and overpriced. If I go up to Len's shop, Macrotech, then I can get anything I need but it's a bit of a pilgrimage due to distance.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes, my pro shop carries all the new stuff, and even some old stuff that everyone likes