Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blind calling??

Old 07-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blind calling??

I have no qualms with blind calling. last year i can count 4 differnent bucks that came in to blind calling whether it be a rattling/grunt sequence or a doe bleat. alot of people just may not see the deer cause they come in cautiously and skirt away before they are sighted. this may be where the "educating deer" comes from. I do believe you can over call though.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont blind call, not because I think it educates deer but because for the 6 years I tried it, it didnt work. I used buck grunts as well as doe bleats. The reason it doesnt work for me is deer are not there to hear it. Where I hunt, visibility is pretty good (and so is my hearing). If a deer is close enough to hear me, I 'generally' know it is there already. When I can see a deer, I have a much better idea of what to 'say'

The only blind calling I do anymore is not a deer vocalisation, it israttling.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Site Buck Guru

I blind call and have written about it before. I do it for about a 3 week period, last week of Oct through 2nd week of Nov. It don't work all the time but when it does, it's a blast! I don't believe that it educates the deer if you do it right.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:45 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I read it too, Mo....but I have to take our herd dynamics into effect and apply that to everthing I hear and read.

If your herd dynamics are more balanced......I'm sure it's a great tool in your woodshed.
Right on Jeff. Calling doesn't work everywhere because of herd dynamics. Up here we have a very good buck to doe ratio and calling works very well.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I can't get calls to work for squat!!! [>:]

Try blowing on the OTHER end of the call PT

I blind call. I have great success calling them in. I have poor success getting them close enough to finish the job.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Bartender

A blind man walks into a shop with his dog. He picks his dog up and starts swinging it around. The shop keeper asks what he is doing the blind man replies "just looking around!!!"
Old 07-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

During a 2 to 3 week time frame here I blind call a lot. It has never spooked anything, and has worked to a T in several instances.

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I blind call quite a bit and like Greg said it doesn't workall of the time but when it does it's great. Like others have said unless the deer busts you I don't see how it could educate them.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the can to blind call with success on a couple occasions and have tried blind calling with a grunt call with little to no success (unless it was combined with a bleat).

Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I was younger and the hunting pressure was less, and the buck/doe ratio was better, I did a lot of blind calling with the grunt tube. I had a lot of success with it. Many of the times I was confident that bucks were within 250 yards of me, and when I hit the tube, it created interest and the bucks slowly came myway.

But I haven't been nearly as successful with it in recent years.

Quick Reply: Blind calling??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.