Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

Old 07-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

The Bushnell Yardage Pro is Junk compared to the Nikon 440, I have used both. The price is pretty similar and the Nikon is much smaller as well.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:33 PM

I have the Leupold RX II & love it. many uses besides bowhunting. I did look @ the RX I but decided I wanted to spend the money once *& buy it right, vx settling for something less & not being really satisfied with it. You'll alway be haunted by not buying what u really want.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the RX II and have never had any problems with it...always worked when I have asked it too
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like there's more bad than good with the Leupold and it's pretty mixed reviews about the bushnell. I'm going to take a look at the bushnell when I go there but I'll probably wind up with the Nikon 550 riflehunter. There was a thread about the Bass Pro Shop credit card earlier this month. Here's the deal, my daughter is getting married later today and I took out a loan to pay for everything. What I'm doing is paying for everything with my BPS credit card and then I'm going to pay the credit card off with the loan. I've already got enough points for the rangefinder this month and by next month when the rest of the bills come in I'm thinking about getting a Gammo 1200 fps pellet gun.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another NIKON vote here. I hear the new 550 is a nice little piece of glass, as is the new Nikon Archer's RF, but haven't used either one of them personally. I'll keep using my OLD 440 until it don't do the job anymore!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

I have the Leupold RX-II. I love it. It works great. The reason it has a some bad reviews is it's complex. You can't expect to take it out of the box and start ranging. You need to spend an hour reading the directions, adjusting the settings to match your equipment. Once you do - it is incredible. If you're mentally challenged, go with another brand.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nikkon 440 is has been working great for me
Old 07-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Host of Hosts

I use the Bushnell yardage pro. It works well for half the money of the others you listed
Old 07-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

Nikon 440 here. For me, the image through the nikon seemed to be a lot more clear than that of the bushnell.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I use the Bushnell yardage pro. It works well for half the money of the others you listed
Correct.

The Bushnell Yardage Pro is Junk compared to the Nikon 440, I have used both. The price is pretty similar and the Nikon is much smaller as well.
OK....Post up a link to where I can buy one (Nikon 440) for $150.....and I'll buy it (new). That's what I paid for my Bushnell 7-8 yrs ago....and it's worked just fine.

Post that link up......I'd like to have another one for my son.

Quick Reply: Which Rangefinder does everyone use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.