Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Explain This!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Explain This!

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well I'm not sure, but I am predominately right handed, I shoot right handed, right eye dominant, bowl right handed, eat right handed....write right handed....

But, I bat, and golf, left handed, and kick left footed. Go figure.
wow im exactly like you on all of these!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Well I must be all messed up to.

I am right handed.
I shoot a bowright handed.
I bowlright handed.
My predominate hand while eating is my right.
My dominate eye is the right.

I bat left handed.
I golf left handed.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Me? I am as left handed as they come.

But my son is like some of you in that he is LEFT HANDED but RIGHT FOOTED. I noticed it when he was a 3-4 years old. Even though he pitches left handed, he has always batted right handed. ARGGHH.

He shoots a basketball right handed, shoots a rifle right handed,etc.etc..
Ever since he was 4-5 years old and played soccer, I knew he was right foot dominant.

Since I am so left handed, I for the life of me can't figure out he can pitch left handed but bowls right handed. They both involve footwork.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jackflap

Me? I am as left handed as they come.

But my son is like some of you in that he is LEFT HANDED but RIGHT FOOTED. I noticed it when he was a 3-4 years old. Even though he pitches left handed, he has always batted right handed. ARGGHH.

He shoots a basketball right handed, shoots a rifle right handed,etc.etc..
Ever since he was 4-5 years old and played soccer, I knew he was right foot dominant.

Since I am so left handed, I for the life of me can't figure out he can pitch left handed but bowls right handed. They both involve footwork.
I couldn't pitch or bowl with my left hand if my life depended on it. LMAO Or Kick a soccer ball with my left foot, NO way I can pass the ball with my left but not kick. LOL I think I might be slightly left eye dominant though? When I was to look at something closely it always close my right eye or look through a camera left eye, but i always close my left when ever I shoot a gun or bow.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Do most everything right handed......except eat left handed from tme to time. No rhyme or reason.....just do.

I still remember visiting the field where I played the last 3 years of my college ball for the first time....and seeing that (310') short porch in right field.....and that (330') fence down the left side. It was July. I went home and started swinging a bat for the first time left handed in my life.

I ended up with 22 LH homers in 3 seasons, there (not all at home, though). I hit RH all my life and had 8 total in 4 years from that side (college). Makes me wonder if I was a lefty all along and just didn't know it. I never knew which eye was dominant until my freshman year of college (It's also the right.....which makes no sense the above).

Our mind is a wonderful director of what the body does.....and it can't be explained very easily.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:21 AM

Well if you itch your butt alot on the carpet.....could be worms!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think i remember readin something on this. This is part of an article i found.

"Right brain/left brain dominance is a preference, not an absolute. No one is totally left-brained or totally right-brained. You have a dominant hand, dominant eye, and even a dominant foot. But dominant doesn’t mean you hop on one foot or do everything with one hand — it just means that when you’re asked to do something new, your body instinctively selects which side is best equipped to take the lead."

So basically your body and mind will instinctivly choose which is better to do the task at hand.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

I am left handed.
I shoot a bow left handed.
I bowl left handed.
My predominate hand while eating is my left.
My dominate eye is the left.

I shoot a rifle better right handed (40-40 right, 38-40 left).
I golf right handed.

Besides the fact that there must have a brain injury while I was a child, explain that please.
UHHHHH????J/K, J/K

You are just as screwed up as a football bat. Get over it!