Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How nervous do you get?

Old 07-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How nervous do you get?

1-1 1/2.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still shake a good alot. I love that feeling, i always sit there if i see a deer coming going "please chill out a bit by the time the deer is within range" lol

Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before the shot, I would say that I am at a 5, but after the shot, I am a strong 8 or better, and that is just rifle hunting. I have never deer hunted with a bow before, so we shall see this fall!!!![&:]
Old 07-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tsoc

If I am cold and have adrenaline going at the same time I am more jittery
Same here. If I am COLD, I simply cannot control myself. I start shaking like a dog crapping peach pits. I have a real problem keeping my feet and hands warm, so that makes it all the harder. I think if a big buck came in when I was really starting to get cold, he would live another year, because I could just simply not draw for lack of strength due to cold and "buck fever".
Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get a good shot of adrenaline when I first see something I want to kill, then I switch into kill mode, get real focused on when and where I will try to take the shot, I am pretty calm, I get pretty pumped when I know I drilled him, but I keep it welled up insidetill I recover them becauseI dont like to miss anything blood trailing,once I recover them I get pretty excited.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 PM

I'd go with an 8. Last year was my first year hunting with a bow. And it was more then when i gun hunt. I only shot 1 deer before and that was with a gun and before the shot i was shaky and then right after i shot and saw the deer go down i couldnt stop shaking for a good amount of time. But bow hunting, thats a different story! It was during the rut and i saw a nice 4 point walk by and it was crazy just how close i was to him (id say about 10-15 yards).
Old 07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I mormally get exited and I would say 6 to 7
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be 100% honest Im calm and collected on the draw but as soon as the arrow hits, i turn into jello. i think i pooped once after shooting one....
Old 07-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I know I'm going to shoot I get that initial shot like some others have mentioned, but then I go on autopilot until after the shot. After the shot I'm usually shaking pretty good, but focus on the deer until it either falls or gets out of sight. I think it wouldn't be as fun if I ever got down to a 1 on the scale because that excitement is what it's all about.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:08 AM

I GO INTO THE ZONE PUT THE PIN ON TARGET RELEASE ,WATCH THE ANIMAL AFTER THE SHOT AND LISTEN REPLAY IT IN MY MIND SIT DOWN AND SHAKE UNCRONTROLLABLY THATS WHAT MAKES IT AWESOME

Quick Reply: How nervous do you get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.