Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How nervous do you get?

Old 07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How nervous do you get?

depends alot for me. ive always been pretty stone cold before the shot...i say im in "kill mode" and in the zone and that focused that nothing else matters and i dont have time to think to get excited...

but then theres times i watch the animal and wait for the shot blah blah etc and i get the shakey knees and all that...im usually preety good about calming down REAL quick...but after the shot, forget it.

when i shot my buck last year i made my buddy climb the tree to get my gear and bow because there was NO way i could got down with it(i was in his stand...he climbs an actual tree and uses the branches as steps!!!!!) the stand was bouncing up and down from me shaking and as soon as i released the arrow my knees started knocking like you wouldnt believe..i have NO idea how i didnt drop my bow...or hit the end of my harness rope! i watched the buck fall and it was all over for me...i think i shook out all the leaves from the maple tree the stand was in lol....
Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on the size of the deer. Most of the time I would say a 6, but when a big boy comes I'm at a 9.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get excited when I seean animal that I know that I want to shoot. I am nervous up to the point that I stand up an then it as Auto pilot on all the way. After the shot, think I get more nervous than before. But all in all I give myself a 7.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im with the majority of people here....
before-1-2
after- 6-7!!
First time was about a 8!!
The biggestbuck I have ever seen and worst shot I have ever made was a 9!!!! I never found that buck and think about it often!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I give Myself a 7 before the shot and about a 9 after the shot..
Old 07-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Man,after over 20 years of hunting I still get jacked when I see a deer that may present a shot.Sometimes it gets me worse than others,I guess I'm the worst when a deer just pops up unexpected,you knowone second no deer then,bam!,deer right there,man that gets me,how do they do that? Anyway the second worse would be after the shoot,if I see a deer in plenty of time I have an initial jolt,but then I'm able to start focusing on the spot I want to hit and an oppurtunity to draw and hit my mark.And if I decide that I'm not going to take a shot I'm totally relaxed.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have pretty good control over the emotions. I get that rush when I first spot my target but I drop to a 2-3 for the shot. I hit an 8 or so after the shot though.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Varies for me,some times cool as a cucumber on nice bucks,other times pretty jacked up on a doe.If I feel liked I am pinned on a deer the excitement heightens.If I am cold and have adrenaline going at the same time I am more jittery.I actually purposely over dress in some instances so I can not have my body be tense from the cold.
A couple of mantra's for me are reminding myself to keep the tension out of my body especially my hands and legs.Secondly to focus of the execution of an excellent shot.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before the shot I'm around a 2, after the shot and I mean directly after I'm about a 9. I love that huge adrenalin rush after the shot.

Quick Reply: How nervous do you get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.