Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pope And Young News Letter stats

Old 07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pope And Young News Letter stats

ORIGINAL: Schultzy
Who cares what your trail cams say or what other locals in the area say. The locals around here say the same thing, there isn't no big bucks around!
2 Biggest Bucks I saw out of my stand last year were never caught on either of my Cams.

Only way you kill the Big Deer are to pass up the Dinks.

It just depends on what you want

Right now I want a Doe!! I'm Hungry

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

What this tells me, is that the stats don't mean much. I make my own stats andI have a 90% chance of killing a P&Y on public landthis year, I have no dout that I will getit done.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Who cares what your trail cams say or what other locals in the area say. The locals around here say the same thing, there isn't no big bucks around!
2 Biggest Bucks I saw out of my stand last year were never caught on either of my Cams.

Only way you kill the Big Deer are to pass up the Dinks.

It just depends on what you want

Right now I want a Doe!! I'm Hungry

Dan
Right on with everything there Dan. I've been out of venison for about 3 months now so a doe would be excellent. I hope we get more then 1 tag in the zone I hunt this year.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Nice post Shultzy!
To bad things need to taken to a different level than what was intended for.[>:]

I can vouch for NH not being on "the map", most of us up here don't want anyone to know what we shoot.
As an example, I have a friend that has 11 badges of honor (200+ lbs.) that would all score near/over the minimum and doesn't say boo about it.
Happens all the time it seems. Thats some excellent bucks there Ed. You guys have some good bear hunting don't ya?
Yeah, I sure wish I had his eyes and skills, unfortunately I have a hard time seeing BROWN, not a good deer hunting combo!!!

The bear hunting is pretty good in NH & ME, my buddy got a P&Y 327.5lb. 20 7/16" black bear in Sept. 2005.
I have managed to get this skull after he passed away @ 42 in Jan. 2007.
I'll take some pics and email them to you.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice post Shultzy!
To bad things need to taken to a different level than what was intended for.[>:]

I can vouch for NH not being on "the map", most of us up here don't want anyone to know what we shoot.
As an example, I have a friend that has 11 badges of honor (200+ lbs.) that would all score near/over the minimum and doesn't say boo about it.
Happens all the time it seems. Thats some excellent bucks there Ed. You guys have some good bear hunting don't ya?
Yeah, I sure wish I had his eyes and skills, unfortunately I have a hard time seeing BROWN, not a good deer hunting combo!!!

The bear hunting is pretty good in NH & ME, my buddy got a P&Y 327.5lb. 20 7/16" black bear in Sept. 2005.
I have managed to get this skull after he passed away @ 42 in Jan. 2007.
I'll take some pics and email them to you.
Sorry to hear about that Ed, thats way to damn young![:@]

I would love to see the pics, 20 7/16 is a wopper of a skull!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]Sorry to hear about that Ed, thats way to damn young![:@]

I would love to see the pics, 20 7/16 is a wopper of a skull!
[/quote]

Thanks Pal - I cried like a baby and still chokes me up, just not fair for his wife and girls and everyone else!

Game Wardens aged the bear @ 15 years old. I'm in the process of getting the bear into the books.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Pal - I cried like a baby and still chokes me up, just not fair for his wife and girls and everyone else!

Game Wardens aged the bear @ 15 years old. I'm in the process of getting the bear into the books.
Nothing wrong with crying man!! Just shows you care!

Thats the next question I was going to ask you was if your going to get him in the books. I couldn't think of a better tribute then what your doing for your friend! Kudo's to ya Ed. Thats outstanding on your part!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

I have noticed a trend that many hunters now could care less about entering their whitetails into the P&Y books. Alot of people these days don't even talk about NET score...it's all about the GROSS.

I however am a P&Y member and have entered animals and probably would in the future.

Thanks for putting together the interesting data Schultzy.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

No problem, my pleasure! Where ya been? Haven't seen you around forever!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

No problem, my pleasure! Where ya been? Haven't seen you around forever!
During the off season I tend to disappear from the hunting forums for awhile and then get interested again as the season gets closer. I have come in here a few times latelybut haven't posted much.

Quick Reply: Pope And Young News Letter stats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.