Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mathews is lettin me down

Old 03-03-2003, 06:13 PM

Default RE: mathews is lettin me down

bowfanatic i dont know they had something that said questions about dealer locations? and i emailed it to that one, i guess ill send them another one, but most sites have dealers on there maybe ill ask em about it,
Old 03-03-2003, 07:35 PM

Here about a year ago I contacted about two hundred different manufacturers in the archery industry trying to find interest or a sponser for a Kansas bowhunting web page. I heard back from about six. Sent it out again. Got about four more responses. Bottom line, is the archery industry is full of little mom and pop shops and overall they arent cash cows. They dont always have the best or can afford a good p.r. setup. Now Mathews on the other hand has no excuse. Had a limb blow up on my Q2 right before the start of the season. It was a definately a major pain in the butt dealing with them. It almost made me sell the bow, except it shoots to good. Its just another one of those, depends on who you deal with in the warrenty department deals and how many bows your dealer sells, and their amount of pull. I have heard others who were treated like they owned major stock in the company. My dealer had only been selling them about a year, so Im sure that had something to do with it. Anyway, Id just keep emailing them untill someone pays attention.Its tough, but unfortunatley thats how things work.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

GO TO THEIR WEBSITE
Old 03-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have never had a problem with their email service either. Always got a response, even when it was about changing out a string to a non zebra string, which really surprised me. As I have never had a problem with my bow, I could not tell you anything about the warranty department.

Old 03-03-2003, 10:21 PM

From reading the responses, it seems like as long as you are just asking questions and aren' t asking for warranty work, that they generally come through. I am not an anti-Matthews, just observing.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

My limited dealings with their customer service department has been " so-so" . On one occasion that helped me out within 24 hours...on the other I did not get a response for over a week.

As with any type of service I think it depends on who is working that particular day/time and what their priorities are.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:56 AM

I see you are from WV so maybe I can help you some on the mathew dealers I know of. there is a dealer in Buckhannon, WV, one in Webster Springs which is in Webster County and there is one outside of Morgantown.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

NEVER had a problem with them on responses, ever.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:34 AM
8PT

Maybe they should take some lessons from the manufacturer I shoot. I can pick up the phone and give them a call and have about anything I need probably overnight. I actually did this after an admitted dryfire (huge brain fart[]). I had new cam, idler,bushings, e-clips, string and cable on my doorsteps in two days no charge. They wanted to know if the limbs were OK (which they were) and said if I needed them to let them know. They do not deal with internet and e-mail much though.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have had excellent service from the one time I had to use them. I had dropped my bow (in a soft case) out of my vehicle and it landed in the driveway. I took it inside to wax the string and noticed the edge of the cam track was bent. I called mathews to get my opinions on what I could do and was suprised as heck when they told my to have my dealer order a " warranty cam" . They rock in my book.

Quick Reply: mathews is lettin me down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.