Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Unknown Hunter in your state

Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best Unknown Hunter in your state

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Gary,now I know who you are talking about.Until more is known the guy doesn't have my respect.
Keep me posted
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

man i hope its not only me thats confused about this thread
Old 07-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Heck if I knew him/her, he/she wouldn't be unknown. So my answer is "I don't know". Although my mentor is the best under known hunter in Iowa. He can call in turkey without a call, he will spend countless hours patterning deer movement, I've seen him drop a buck on a dead run with a bow, he fishes whenever he can, he's married and is a great father to his stepson. And he is so selfless he makes me look like a bogart. If I could nominate someone for Epitomy of A Friend, it would be Sgt Lonnie. He's also a Sergeant with a Sheriff's Office.
Know to the masses. The Sgt is exactly what I am talking about. I wouldlike to have a nice long talk with the Sgt
He even helped me move down here two weeks after having a heart attack. I restricted his help to driving a truck with trailer attached, but of all the people who claim to be my "friend", he was the only one to show up on moving day. He's driven the hour down here on several occasions to assist me in projects I had going on. Lonnie is what every friend should be.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is so hard with certain folks.My inclination is always to give the person the benefit of the doubt and I don't like to diminish any one's accomplishments.It is sometimes not easy to distinguish between the players and pretenders.
We had a guy several years ago honored as sportsman of the year among our contingency of sportmans clubs.The guy was one of the most prolific poachers our area has ever known.It isn't always easy to get to the truth.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Site Buck Guru

XXX and XXX. They wish to remain unknowen.[8D]
Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

the self bowyers who make their own stuff and kill animals with it - those guys you RARELY hear about and yet they are the true essence of what bowhunting and archery is
Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

as much as i wish it was me, i think it really is a local carpenter, who over the last 20 years has taken 22 bucks over 135" ( it is all he will mount) and the amazing thing is that 19 of the m were taken in jersey. for all you non-jersey residents, a BIG buck from this state probably gross 115
Old 07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's really impressive! I wonder what he is doing that no one else is?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 PM

Bobby Woods from MS....He's taken 9 P&Y bucks on public land... I only know a few guys that have multiple P&Ys from MS, much less public land...

He's well known in this state and has been featured nationally a few times....

One of my good friends has 4 pope's from MS and is well on his way to being known with pro staff positions with a couple big names....
Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

In MI I think John is up there
http://www.michigansportsmanmag.com/hunting/bowhunting-hunting/mi_aa082504a/index.html

THere is a guy in NY who shot a 215'' buck with a long bow last year. He has taken many nice ones, does anyone know his name? I have a picture but I cannot find it[:@]
But you see, you're assuming the best is based on inches of horn. I'm of the opinion that that doesn't necessarily give you the best hunter. Best known??? Well maybe there is one, but I haven't lived here enough to know his name.

Quick Reply: Best Unknown Hunter in your state

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.