Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What is the CLOSEST you've hunted from a building ?

I think having productive locations that are close to buildings have some benefit.
While I agree with your other assessments.....I think the BIGGEST factor is the fact that we likely get away with a little more scent dispersal in these areas.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I duck behind the house to hunt(not very often anymore) At times I will be maybe 50-60 yds from the neighbors house. usually I'm 80-120 yds.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on being within 50 yards of a building this year during the middle of October. I found a sweet little spot with great cover/water source next to a building/fence line where I hunt. Alot of people overlook this area as I scouted it two times this winter for a good amount of time...did not find any trash or other things that would let me on that alot of other people are hunting there...looking to plug a doe or two in that area before the rut kicks in.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

My wife always tells me that I'm not happy unless I'm able to look in someone's bathroom window from my treestand. In reality, I hunt in and around my housing development that has the deer funneled pretty well. We have a 30 acre "nature reserve" that had too many cattails for them to develop and it holds a lot of deer. As the neighborhood continues to expand the deer are pushed a little further from this core area, but they are fairly easy to pattern.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

The closest I've ever hunted to a building would be actually inside of it. I puta chair up to the window of an old house that was on a farm that I used to hunt. The deer would pass within 20yds of the house.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does "out the window of the office" count?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

With my house in view, around 400 yards.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

One of my buddies hunts a parcel where he literally is in his stand and watchin the landowner drinking coffee while waiting for deer. Backyard bucks tend to be huge and easier to find and pattern than bigwoods deer.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Inside it. Indiana doesn't limit how far we have to be from a structure, even inhabited ones.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.