Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please hold the drool. What will he score?

Old 07-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please hold the drool. What will he score?

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'm going to say high 150's and might even break 160. That's the best looking buck I've seen all summer!
I'm thinking the bucks are damn near 2/3rds done growing. What you think?
Agreed Schultzy. Here in IL. they seem to be anyway. I've been glassing hard the last two weeks and this is the first year that I've been disappointed. I have yet to see one that makes me say " My my would you look at that!" We had some of the worst flooding here in over 150 yrs. Our crops our in terrible shape and corn fields are almost non-existent. Farmers gave up on corn and decided to plant late beans. This is really killing our antler growth. I've only seen 3 bucks that will push 150" when done. Usually I've seen 3-4 booners by now. Not good, not good.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Please don't take this as an insult.....as I'm just talking about the buck as he scores, right now. I just don't see 150". I'd say around 142. I just scored him (in my head) as an 8 pointer and then added the G4's.

If these guys are going on his full growth potential.....then I hope they're right! My '07 buck looked to be about 115" in velvet.....and scored 103" when I got him back from the taxi.

Good luck with him.....and I wouldn't let him grow another SECOND if I saw him.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hard telling with that mass of velvet on its head, but im going to guess 145-148
Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

How Big??

Big enough!!Shoot that Dude if you get a chance!

He's 150's for sure and maybe 160 when he's finished. Kill him and let us know. Like has been noted already he is Super clean.

Dan
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

so hard to judge with velvet on those bones! Makes them look bigger than they are! He is a dandy no doubt!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

No way to tell with velvet. But as he sits he is not a 150" deer. 140's maybe.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Buck.....Like I said....awesome deer. But here's why I said what I did. I looked back through my gamecam photos. The first photo was taken on July 20th, 2007. I remember a few guys saying (Germ and MOTOWN, for 2) that they thought he was a 115" deer (or would be). See photo....

I shot him on Nov. 6th....and got him back from the Taxidermist sometime early in '08. When I put a tape on him.....he measured 103-1/8".

He's the buck over my left shoulder.

So I wasn't just making this stuff up.....OR in ANY way trying to diminish the trophy status of the one you have photos of. I hope I'm wrong in a BIG way!

Like I said....I HOPE your deer grows and grows! Good luck with him!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:25 AM

156 3/8's
Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck, maybe its just the pix,but hedoesn't look that old either, nice, very nice though. Good luck.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

This time of year a buck will normally grow a lot in 2 or 3 weeks. A lot different were this pic taken the end of July

You get the chance shoot him!You won't be disappointed you can tell that Buck is No Dink!

Dan

Quick Reply: Please hold the drool. What will he score?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.