Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

Suppose a company comes out with a wildlife camera that you can monitor anywhere/anytime from a computer, in real time. Would you purchase the camera?

For me, hunting is much like fishing. Alot of the fun is that you usually never see the fish before it bites...its like a present everytime, you never know what you are gonna get! So for me, I WOULD NOT but a wildlife camera that operates 24/7 and can be monitored.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

I have been told that they already have them out that will allow you to do just that. I have seriously been thinking of getting one as I live so far from my hunting area and work out of the country.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

they are already available and they are expensive. Buckeye cam is a wireless cam that can be checked remotely. I love my trail cams, but think this technology takes thingstoo far.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:56 PM

I wouldn't one of the excitements I get from trail cameras is going to pull the memory card and seeing what is on it every 3 weeks. It is just as exciting as hunting and seeing deer coming at you.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fair enough TexasBowhunter. But for me personally, I just think it would take some of the sweet surprise out of hunting.

"I have seriously been thinking of getting one as I live so far from my hunting area and work out of the country. "
Old 07-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya, I look at it the same as a game camera but being out of the country it would allow me to check my camera from here. I don't know, they might cost way too much to be justifiable, just a thought for when I am sitting here and can't check my cameras for a month and a half at a time....Then again I would not want to know what I missed while I was out of the country.....LOL
Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Fair enough TexasBowhunter. But for me personally, I just think it would take some of the sweet surprise out of hunting.

"I have seriously been thinking of getting one as I live so far from my hunting area and work out of the country. "
I can relate. Atually my hunting spot is a 3 hour drive one way. I just drove it today so it was a 6 hour round trip and all the work I had to do while I was there in the 100 degree heat. I'm hoping within the next 3-5 years the prices of these remote cameras will drop to a reasonable price.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to wait3 yrs for the price to come down $1000 as technology and competition caught up.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would definetly use it for my property in WV. 8 hours away makes it hard make the trip just to check cameras. Once the price drops I will invest in them.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah it sounds expensive for one camera, but considering the price of gas , it sounds like a good long term investment

Quick Reply: Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.