Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boots?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Boots?

I thought I would get a little discussion on what types of boots you where. No, not Rocky's, Brahma's and Wolverines. I want to know if you hunt with rubber boots as opposed to regular hunting boots. A lot of what I have read suggests wearing rubber boots adds yet another dimension to your scent control repetoire (sp?). However, in my area of Va. I hunt somepretty tough terrain and like the feel of comfortable tightly tied boots around my feet. Still, I I generously spray down my boots before entering the woods and have had deer, both mature bucks and does, cross the path in which I entered my stand and paid no attention.

I just wanted to get a little topic going about scent control in regards to your footwear.

Thoughts?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Boots?

Started with rubber LaCrosse.

Hunt now with rubber Muck's.

Common denominator is rubber......and I feel like I have the best offered, now.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

I'm wearing rubber boots also, mostly because there is a lot of wet ground where I hunt. I have not doubt though that it does add an element of scent control.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still wear the lacrosse, on my second pair since the late 90's. Thats whatI am used to and I hunt some real rocky and hilly areas and haven't had an issue with comfort yet....
Old 07-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

rubber, it really helps keep down on scent IMO, and theyre waterproof.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Lacross Alpha Burlys best boots i have ever purchased. Have had the same pair for 4 seasons now and they are still going strong.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rubber Boots all the way unless it gets real cold, then I wear a pair of Gore Tex Insulated boots.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I don't have to go too far I wear rubber boots, but, if I am going to be walking in 1/2 mile+ or going through some tougher terrain,I strap on the leather. I spray them down with scent killer and step in deer crap or anything else that may be smelly and non-threatening to the deer.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually hunt with Lacrosse Burly's on, but last year during moderate temps I did wear the New Dream Season Scent Blocker boots and was impressed with not only how they performed, but also at the comfort level.

Very Comfortable Boot!! My scent trail was not pegged even one time while wearing them either!

Dan
Old 07-05-2008, 03:36 PM

Up here, due to how far I walk I generally don't wear rubber boots....I will be wearing a pair of Meindls this fall.
When I head to Illinois to hunt with Justin and Mike, I'll be wearing rubber...the walks won't be as far.

Quick Reply: Boots?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.