Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doesn't anyone want to elk hunt ??

Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Doesn't anyone want to elk hunt ??

Wow, what a first. Looks like my trip to Colorado will be a solo trip. The one buddy I hunt with drew an Arizona tag & I didn't so end of that story[:@]...since he drew that tag, he won't be going to Colorado, the others, well one is buying a house and the other has a new job...

I have been there before, but just can't imagine NOT going....so solo it is ???

Am I the only one ?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Doesn't anyone want to elk hunt ??

I'd love to join you, but with buying my own ground to hunt whitetails on this yearand sending my daughter off to college. Well that just doesn't leave a whole lot of spare funds laying around.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

One day I will get to go on an elk hunt. I am hoping to jump into the PA elk lottery system next year. Sooner or later my number will come up.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

My dream is to one day shoot and elk with a bow.....wont happen for years though
Old 07-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the purchase...I too would love to have my own deer huntin' grounds. Have been looking, and looking hard.

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I'd love to join you, but with buying my own ground to hunt whitetails on this yearand sending my daughter off to college. Well that just doesn't leave a whole lot of spare funds laying around.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

if going guided....i wouldn't worry, you won't be alone....

other hunts are decent excuses, but houses, time off, blah blah, guys can be lame.

I'd try to find someone to team up with, post youre season/unit # and see if other guys ar egoing or tagging along, worst case scenario, which really isn't a bad case, go alone, hunt alone, and get it done, oh well, not going isn't a choice/eating a tag.

good luck.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel for Ya!

I face thesame thingon out of state hunts every year. Onseveral I have a Buddy or 2 along, but sometimes I have to go it alone.

Last years Dec.Mule Deer hunt was a solo trip as will this years Dec. hunt be. The worst thing is the rising cost of gas. It's getting to be an expensive proposition just getting there.[:@]

If they haven't already I'd say there will be some outfitters feeling the effects of this High Gas.

Dan
Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, if I would of pulled the New Mexico tag it would of been a guided trip, so yeah, I would of "bought a friend" for the week. This trip to Colorado however is a drop camp, so it would be a solo hunt. Good thing, is that my dad goes along to "hang" out at the cabin, so least I will have company when I return

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

if going guided....i wouldn't worry, you won't be alone....

other hunts are decent excuses, but houses, time off, blah blah, guys can be lame.

I'd try to find someone to team up with, post youre season/unit # and see if other guys ar egoing or tagging along, worst case scenario, which really isn't a bad case, go alone, hunt alone, and get it done, oh well, not going isn't a choice/eating a tag.

good luck.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Host of Hosts

What time are you picking me up Rob?

Quick Reply: Doesn't anyone want to elk hunt ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.