Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which way would you go in?

Old 07-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default Which way would you go in?

Keep in mind that the yellow lines are my usual trails to access my stand already set up in large whit oak, about 10 trds from most active scape and a well know thoroughfare from bedding areas. The yellow dot with red dot inside is the scrape area and my already put up stand. If I came right at it, I believe I would spook and run deer further out of property line and back into the bedding. Would it make a difference to make this an afternoon hunt, or morning, since the bedding is so close, as well as active scrapes.

This other photo shows the north end borderd by a creek and food plot is in the field at edge of tree line.

As I have said earlier that the hunt clubs often run the deer aross the creek (blue line) and into our area...but not until late November. We have stands located at all major creek crossing, and special two tier video stand on corner of clover field.

Any suggestions on how to get to the PRIME spot ( in yellow) without disturbing any bedded, or roaming deer. Would this be a better afternoon or late morning hunt since they will be looking to bed after eating in mid morning?

The red dot (stand) in north part of land bordering creek is wher I shot two bucks, let a few walk, and leveled a nice TOM.

All suggestions are welsome

This is the land with bordering clubs (approximatey 900 acres) Nothing but dogs and if its brown its down yahoos

Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which way would you go in?

Is there anyway you can gain access to enter using Taylor Creek Rd? If so, I'd walkthe edge of that tree line.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Typical Buck

This lady moved from california and raises LLamas and alpaco's. She would shoot me if she saw me anywhere near the lama farn.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is that building with 3 red roofs and what appears to be a parking lot? Could you walk in from there? other than that, I don't see anything else really.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thatsachurch, and its a possibility. I may have to grin and bear it through the briars that line the lama field and get in silently that way. My stand is 5 feet from property line, so I may have to sneeak in that way.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Which wind do you hunt that stand ? Also, is what we see True North ?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

That bottom point of the alpha/clover field near the creek looks like a winner to me. Not a morning spot, but evening you should be good to go. Nice funnel.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

Which wind do you hunt that stand ? Also, is what we see True North ?

Yep, its true north
Old 07-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: valor10

That bottom point of the alpha/clover field near the creek looks like a winner to me. Not a morning spot, but evening you should be good to go. Nice funnel.
Yep, I went that way yesterday and was able to come up from the east side of it. Providing the wind is right, it will be my best interest. I made some mock scrapes about every 30-40 yrds west of this location, so close to their bedding that I can stalk up from the east and get in my stand no problem.

Thanks for the advice
Old 07-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

ORIGINAL: valor10

Yep, I went that way yesterday and was able to come up from the east side of it. Providing the wind is right, it will be my best interest. I made some mock scrapes about every 30-40 yrds west of this location, so close to their bedding that I can stalk up from the east and get in my stand no problem.

Thanks for the advice
You made mock scrapes yesterday? Or last year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.