Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Time's

Old 07-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Time's

Usually I am in the stand, ready to go about 30-45 minutes before daylight. For me, it lets the woods settle down and I usually hang around till 10am. For the evening hunt I am ready in and ready no later than 4pm.

Once the chase phase is underway, I try and spend as much time in the stand including the mid-day.

Just for information, when elk hunting, I am there about 1 hour before and stay all day being that I have only 7 days to hunt.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like to be set-up on stand 45-60 minutes before sun-up. In the afternoon, 4-5 hours before dark.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

30 minutes before legal shooting hours in the morning. Early season I sit until 9:45-10:00.

Early season evenings, as soon as I can get there after showering (etc) after work. I usually plan for a 4 hour sit if I can.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to go in super early like you and Gman germ but I found I was bumping to many bucks who were heading back to thier bedding area under darkness. I prefer afternoons in the early season and usually sit about 4 hours with the first three twiteling my thumbs.

Once bucks get the bug I get there about 1/2hour before first light and sit well past noon many times. I always go in very slow on afternnoon hunts. Several times I have happened up on bucks making scrapes and moving about. Nothing like dropping a nice buck before you even get to your stand.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I typically don't get in my stand too early. I like to be set & ready to do with only around 20 minutes left before it starts getting light. I still go in pretty early & just go thru getting set up very slowly in the mornings.
I'll stay anywhere from 930-12 depending temps & deer movement.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

They have changed the times here so many times that im not even sure what to tell you other than 30 min-1 hour before daylight (depends on where im hunting) and about 3 hours before dark in the evenings.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

early season im in 45(6:00) min b4 light and sit till about 8 if its hot, if its colder i will sit longer and during the rut i usually sit till about 1 pm and get in the stand 1 hour b4 light
Old 07-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I used to go in super early like you and Gman germ but I found I was bumping to many bucks who were heading back to thier bedding area under darkness. I prefer afternoons in the early season and usually sit about 4 hours with the first three twiteling my thumbs.

Once bucks get the bug I get there about 1/2hour before first light and sit well past noon many times. I always go in very slow on afternnoon hunts. Several times I have happened up on bucks making scrapes and moving about. Nothing like dropping a nice buck before you even get to your stand.
Moto I have read about this, and it makes good sense. I think after opening Morning I am not going to hunt the mornings until the pre-rut
Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I go into each situation differently. Sometime's getting into my stand what I refer to as "Germ early"(thanks to some previous pm's with the legend).. which is like 2 hours before shooting light. Sometime's I get in 30 minutes early... depends on several factors I weigh into my head the night before.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:25 AM

I usually plan on being in my stand about 45 min before legal shooting hours. And I try to stay till 10.

In the evenings, I give myself 4 hours of hunting time.

Quick Reply: Hunting Time's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.