Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Guys..we've gotta do it. Lets see some treestand photos.

Only have pictures from 2 of the stands that I have out..

Stand 1

Stand 1

Stand 2

Stand 2

And just a couple pics of the land that I mainly hunt...sorry the pics aren't the best quality...taken with the cheapest disposable I could find!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Typical Buck

These are from a few of my stands.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

RACE....How the heck do you stand up in that one stand on the leaning trunk ?

I've passed up so many locations for hang ons because of trees like that. I'm now rethinking some trees.

On field edges, I dont mind tucking ladder stands into some brushy trees..They can fit some trees that hang ones cant...But I'd rather have a hang on.
It tilts back a little but isn't that bad. It is only an 18" wide by 24" long stand, nobody likes to hunt out of it but me and a buddy from high school. The stand is about 25 feet off the top of the bank and closer to 35 when looking at the bank across the creek. I am no small guy so I gotta look funny standing up there but the deer never see me when they walk along the field edge or creek line, here is a pic taken from the stand with 35mph rain.]
What are the yardage markers for across the creek banks along that trail?

Old 07-03-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

ORIGINAL: racewayking

RACE....How the heck do you stand up in that one stand on the leaning trunk ?

I've passed up so many locations for hang ons because of trees like that. I'm now rethinking some trees.

On field edges, I dont mind tucking ladder stands into some brushy trees..They can fit some trees that hang ones cant...But I'd rather have a hang on.
It tilts back a little but isn't that bad. It is only an 18" wide by 24" long stand, nobody likes to hunt out of it but me and a buddy from high school. The stand is about 25 feet off the top of the bank and closer to 35 when looking at the bank across the creek. I am no small guy so I gotta look funny standing up there but the deer never see me when they walk along the field edge or creek line, here is a pic taken from the stand with 35mph rain.]
What are the yardage markers for across the creek banks along that trail?
I use the 15 yard pin for that bank, they cross the creek right there or continue down the creek line. There is a 15 yard shot on the other side to the field edge. This area funnels a large set of woods that transitions into two fence travel corridors.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shown photos of this set on here before.

I took it down for the winter, needed another stand...But it will be back up in a week.

It sits in a draw that runs 90degrees off of a canal. The stand is 36' up and hasa TON of cover.

36' is up there, I have some high stands but that one might be a little sketchy for me. On a side note Ihave shot a lotfrom average height treestands(12'-20') and see little if any change in my POI even at farther
hunting ranges(for me 30-40 yards), on a stand as high as the one above do you notice a significant change in POI? I would think one mightbased ontriangulation to the target but I have never really shot from a set like that so I wouldn't know.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here are a couple of examples of my stands.Manyin the thick stuff. The cleared out areas is where I clearedit out. You don't see alot of deer but when you do it is usually a nice buck.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I only know how to do the attachment picture. I'm not that bright when it comes to computers. [&:]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.