Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guys..we've gotta do it. Lets see some treestand photos.

Here you go, I'm having Deja Vu.

The Stand MECHDOC will be hunting this year when he goes to my spot.

The stand I will hunt most of the time. Most of the pics MECHDOC posted were taken here.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 PM

Found a couple more;

Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Typical Buck

Raceway andWashington How do you access these stands. Do you use the screw in steps, ladder steps, or george jetsons jet pack. They are all wawesome looking stands other than the first couple looking like they are only 20 or so feet tall.

Im very fortunate to have large white oaks that I am hanging one of my hangers in and purchased 40-50 climbing steps (screw in), while the other two hangers are going in an old hickory tree with natural steps (branches) once you get a good 20 ft up.

Do you use a ladder with extension to get everything "upstairs" and then make the ladder (steps, or what ever you use)

I made on last year of two 20 ft extensions of a painters ladder. I took both pieces apart, camo'ed the hell out of them and strapped them to the tree with my favorite hanger (35-40' high), and this year plan to use the Gorilla steps.

Beautiful concealment, but still wondering how you access them come time to hunt them.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Drop,,, man you have some open woods !! are those recent photos from this summer ?? If you were to walk in my woods right now you would get lost in the undergrowth cool pics I have none to share [&o]
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 PM

For the first few feet I'll use screw in steps. After that point the branches are generally all live and thick enough to support my weight. Sometimes I may saw a limb or two off on the way up to clear a path to haul my bow/pack up through and will use another screw in step or two.

The majority of the way I climb on branches.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

RACE....How the heck do you stand up in that one stand on the leaning trunk ?

I've passed up so many locations for hang ons because of trees like that. I'm now rethinking some trees.

On field edges, I dont mind tucking ladder stands into some brushy trees..They can fit some trees that hang ones cant...But I'd rather have a hang on.
It tilts back a little but isn't that bad. It is only an 18" wide by 24" long stand, nobody likes to hunt out of it but me and a buddy from high school. The stand is about 25 feet off the top of the bank and closer to 35 when looking at the bank across the creek. I am no small guy so I gotta look funny standing up there but the deer never see me when they walk along the field edge or creek line, here is a pic taken from the stand with 35mph rain.]

Old 07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Raceway andWashington How do you access these stands. Do you use the screw in steps, ladder steps, or george jetsons jet pack. They are all wawesome looking stands other than the first couple looking like they are only 20 or so feet tall.

Im very fortunate to have large white oaks that I am hanging one of my hangers in and purchased 40-50 climbing steps (screw in), while the other two hangers are going in an old hickory tree with natural steps (branches) once you get a good 20 ft up.

Do you use a ladder with extension to get everything "upstairs" and then make the ladder (steps, or what ever you use)

I made on last year of two 20 ft extensions of a painters ladder. I took both pieces apart, camo'ed the hell out of them and strapped them to the tree with my favorite hanger (35-40' high), and this year plan to use the Gorilla steps.

Beautiful concealment, but still wondering how you access them come time to hunt them.
I use screw in pegs on my stands, they aren't very noticable and easy to get up into the tree with. I do use existing linbs as well. The first stand was 18 feet, the second is actually 27 feet up. I don't like to go much higher than 20-25 due to the shot angle. I have hunted as high as 40 feet but prefer to stay around 20 in the thicker oaks and 25 or so in the thinner trees.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few but can't seem to find many.

If the picture belowwere bigger you would see the six does in the back ground.

My favorite time of the morning:

"Hey man, you seen anything??"

Later that hunt:

[/link]

Sorry some of those pics are huge(anyone need wallpaper)and probably been posted before but oh well.

Edit to fix size.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.