Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's wrong with just shooting?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What's wrong with just shooting?

But I think the statement about having the weight of the world on my shoulders supports the reason behind.......Going out and having fun.
I meant it in fun....and I agree with the above.

Good night
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Site Bouncer

As most of you know, it's all about having fun for me....And it always will be. I'm a spur of the moment hunter in that if I see something I like I'll try to kill it. It doesn't need to be old or a P&Y. Yeah, I have my standards and I've let a lot of nice deer walk over the years, sometimes because of aslammer I've seen and others because it just wasn't quite what I wanted. The nicest deer I have ever seen was a perfect basket 10-point that probably wouldn't quite make 125in (P&Y) but the rack was just about as perfect as I've ever seen and I would have loved for that deer to have given me a shot at him.

I hunt for me...I hunt for fun and I will never stop doing that.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot what I want to. Be it a buck doe or fawn. I suggest everyone else do the same.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no problem with anyone shooting what they want. What I do have a problem with are the folks that complain about there being "no big bucks around" or the folks that say "if I don't shoot 'em then someone else will". These excuses simply do NOT hold water in my book. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution. It is ALL of OUR responsibility to do our part to take control of the badly skewed and out-of-whack deer herds that years and years and poor management have led us to. Good luck and good huntin'
Old 07-03-2008, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mobow, I think we all are really deep down in the same boat, you said it best when you said when the right one steps out in front of you you will know. That is how it is with all of us you just know. I had a thread a while ago about guys throwing around numbers too much and I think you just summed it up perfectly for me. By throwing around numbers too much you start to make so other hunters uncomfortable with there decisions, just because the buck that makes me go that's him might not do it for others. So in a nut shell "SHOOT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY"end of story every deer buck or doe is a trophy it just depends where you are at in your hunting carreer at the time.. Walt
Old 07-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll shoot when my brain says, " OHHHH! THATS A SHOOTER!" Its not complicated for me.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

I hunt for me...I hunt for fun and I will never stop doing that.
Deer Hunting Gospel
Old 07-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

My only point to this, speaking from experience, is that we can put an awful lot of pressure on ourselves, and EACH OTHER.
Peer pressure. I think it's more destructive than good. I'm sure it is.

As an obstinent man it has the reverse effect on me, but it obviously still effects me for the bad.

I'm a gin it.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in it for the meat! A big buck is considered a bonus. I have let many smaller bucks pass though.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Given the severity of the poaching situation whereI hunt and the number of tags we have in Virginia (6, including two antlered tags) and the problem with the deer population here, I'll shoot whatever I can, except for 1st year animals. I'd like a trophy, but I also like meat.

Quick Reply: What's wrong with just shooting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.