Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's wrong with just shooting?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's wrong with just shooting?

Is it that time of the month Don? Kidding [8D]

Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ALL I'm saying is that I sometimes think we inadvertantly put undo pressure on ourselves sometimes, thinking, all be it subconsciously, that we have to shoot a certain size buck to be ......"accepted"....

Now let me follow that up by saying that I know this isn't true, I've never seen anyone here "reprimanded" for shooting a small buck. In fact, there's congrats all around and pats on the back a plenty......BUT, let's face it. We have a what? Buck contest in which the winning team is determined by what? Most inches. When bucks are talked about, it's the "big" bucks that are talked about, holding out for the big one.....

When someone in our "family" shoots a buck.....it's ALWAYS a celebration, no matter the size......I just think sometimes we need to take a step back and put things in persepective. Go out and have fun. When the right one walks by, shoot the thing.
Says the dude with the 130" whitetail in his avatar.[8D]
Old 07-02-2008, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Is it that time of the month Don? Kidding [8D]

LMAO!! I think I need a band aid.....I think it's from just sitting around IM'ing all day......[&:]

I'm sorry if that all came off as crabby or what have you....it's not meant that way at all....I was just trying to add a different spin to it is all.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 PM

Duke, you bring about a good point. I guess that's easy for me to say, huh? [&:] But believe me I know about the pressure I was speaking of. I felt like the world was lifted from my shoulders when that buck went down. I was just looking for that "nice" 8 point, and got much more than I expected. God blessed me, and I was fortunate.

But I'll tell ya......I didn't have to ask myself if he was the right one when I saw him...
Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I felt like the world was lifted from my shoulders when that buck went down.
&

I just think sometimes we need to take a step back and put things in persepective. Go out and have fun. When the right one walks by, shoot the thing.
Was that the same poster?[8D]

????????????

Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don.. my avatar should now appease you.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is great for those of you that have huge goals and only look for those huge bucks. With everyone at a different experience levels and hunting different areas that may not produce the type of numbers that others have access to I go by the rule that if I would be proud of taking that deer then it meets my size requirements. I have passed on a few that I questioned on weather I would have been proud or not. Because of this I am still waiting to take my first deer. I have all intentions of that happening this year. But can honestly say I have no idea what I am looking for.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I felt like the world was lifted from my shoulders when that buck went down.
&

I just think sometimes we need to take a step back and put things in persepective. Go out and have fun. When the right one walks by, shoot the thing.
Was that the same poster?[8D]

????????????

I fail to see the contradiction? Or wasn't that your point?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Don:

No malice intended....but in one breath you're telling people to take a step back and put things in perspective.... "go out and have fun"......and in the next breath admitting to having the weight of the world on your shoulders.....prior to killing the '07 buck.

I just thought it was funny....and if you don't see the contradiction.....well...no biggie.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 PM

No malice taken either. But I think the statement about having the weight of the world on my shoulders supports the reason behind.......Going out and having fun. Pressure, to me......isn't fun.

Have a good night.

Quick Reply: What's wrong with just shooting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.