Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who are you after???

Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who are you after???

A tall and narrow 10 (very unique rack) that has given me the slip the last two seasons, even though I had him within 25 yards twice!!
I also saw a newcomer twice from a distance last season. A massive (and very smart!) 8 pointer that I would love to see on my wall.
They both survived the gun seasons last year, and they're mine, all mine!!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the one I am after this year. It would be my first buck with a bow if I could get him. These pictures were taken last winter, so he will be a lot bigger this year.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I have located others I would be very happy with as well but I have a soft spot for this guy......

Hmm, I think I would have to let him walk for another year...........[8D]
Old 07-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

My avatar pic. Thats the best shot of him I can give ya. For now
Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Typical Buck

Mine is a 130-140" I saw twice at 7:58 and 8:30 in the same rub line. No shot, but I know he is in there because I caught the body of him with the cam I put in his last years rub lines. A beautiful 4x4 and 200# plus.

I know he was able to out run and out smart the dogs last year, and the hunt club denies taking him last year. I have already found a community scrape with turds the size of walnuts and freshly turned earth. My stand is in a HUGE white acorn tree 20 yrds from this scrape, and in the vecinity of his sighting and bordering a bedding area.

If I can get other than him just outside photo range (just saw his neck back to tail), but I know from his mass its him.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sound and looks like you guys are going to be chasing some real pigs this year. I can't wait to see the pics of some of these guys this fall!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Hold your horses, Jim....lol.

Knowing my neighbors.....I'm gonna need to see some more proof he's still out there.....than an August '07 photo (the last one I got of him).

My camera goes out, 7/12.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

It sound and looks like you guys are going to be chasing some real pigs this year. I can't wait to see the pics of some of these guys this fall!
don't hold your breath
Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no photos as I just started using cameras this year thanks to the generosity of MECHDOC. MECHDOC and I will be hunting a few deer, here is their BIO.

Lunatic Fringe---I came across this crazy deer at 1.5 years age. I stalked him and had a 15 yard shot, he got up and took a couple stpes toward me and stomped letting me know he means business. I let him walk and haven't seen him yet but last year the "Mojito Bandito" told me about a BIG 9pt. non typical that ran off another buck and started thrashing a small tree.

12 Pack---This guy gave me the slip a few times last year and is the reason I didn't fill my second tag. Nice 160-170 class buck with perfect 6x6 rack but very thin tines. Hoping he is thicker based this year, think he will be 3.5-4.5 years old.

Gramps---Old nine pointer that looks similar to the sheds DUKEMICHAELS showed a while back, clean 4x5 with a lot of mass, looked to be at least 6.5 years old last year. He'd score in the 140's but is a monster of a buck.

There were also some great 2.5 year old 8's and a 10 last year that could be nice 130-140 class bucks.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT and Germ... Nice positive attitudes to start the season with

I better go fill up my coffee mug, it is half empty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.