Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has a trespassing problem?

Old 07-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has a trespassing problem?

ORIGINAL: racewayking

Edcyclooedia-This kid tried to steal tha camera off the tree so I don't care how the heck old the little thief is. The property is posted and his parents should have instilled values in him. This is why I explained the cowboy's and indians scenario, sorry to confuse you, I thought you would get it.Racewayking - So if a neighbor's dog barks, you would beat the dog???

Perhaps in your family and social circle it is ok to trespass and steal, it is not in mine regardless of age.
I'll have to be blunt... Foolish reply, period
. If you caught the parent, then complain, but don't put a childs photo up in a post like this and not expect anyone to comment about being a child.

I'm sure your parents could tell you stories, that you don't remember, about being or doing something you were not supposed to be doing, my reply was soley to state the lighter side of being a child.

If you didn't read the last sentence in my 1st post, please review.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1
I need to hit the lotto and buy a 1000 acres. Or if anyone else wants to team up and set some rules and regs and live by them, let me know. part of me thinks 10 guys each sharing a piece would be aewsome, but then you've got whether or not to allow kids/friends to hunt, as well whats a shooter, might be hard to get a consensus with 10guys, also 10 guys arguing about where to cut/place crops etc....food plots.
Unfortunately we all need this to happen, but until it does, you can't control something you don't own.
Also, most landowners won't help leasees control the trespassing either.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

ORIGINAL: racewayking

Edcyclooedia-This kid tried to steal tha camera off the tree so I don't care how the heck old the little thief is. The property is posted and his parents should have instilled values in him. This is why I explained the cowboy's and indians scenario, sorry to confuse you, I thought you would get it.Racewayking - So if a neighbor's dog barks, you would beat the dog???

Perhaps in your family and social circle it is ok to trespass and steal, it is not in mine regardless of age.
I'll have to be blunt... Foolish reply, period
. If you caught the parent, then complain, but don't put a childs photo up in a post like this and not expect anyone to comment about being a child.

I'm sure your parents could tell you stories, that you don't remember, about being or doing something you were not supposed to be doing, my reply was soley to state the lighter side of being a child.

If you didn't read the last sentence in my 1st post, please review.
Ed- What kind of analogy is this? A dog barking is a far cry from a kid trying to steal your stuff, perhaps you haven't been in the position to replace hundreds in hunting equipment due to theft. The camera in question is rigged to look like a DNR Camera with a lock and chain, it even has the poaching hotline number on it. This kid essentially was going to steal what he should have though was a government owned camera!!!

I will post any picture of anyone trying to steal or damage property Ed, what troubles me is that you continue to support the actions of this little vandal because of his age. You my friend are the foolish one. Will you be the parent that never admits to his child wrongdoing instead of instilling the values of honesty? As a kid we played all over the place but stayed away from areas that were posted. I had a neighbor get shot with rock salt for trespassing and his parents whooped him when they found out and made him apologize to the farmer he trespassed on.

This post is about trespassing Ed, and this kid trespassed and tried to steal a camera worth a couple of hundred bucks. Sorry you feel the duty to defend his actions[:-]
Old 07-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like kids justthe same as thenext person, but not a thieving one. Reguardless of his/her age. The problem today is parents aren't aware of what their kids are doing half the time. Kids today don't have the respect for others or their property, that the older generation was taught. That's thecrux of the problem, no mentoring these days!
IHATE a thieves, period! And that little brat in that trail cam pic is just that, a thief! His pic should be posted on here.[>:]
Old 07-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]

Ed- What kind of analogy is this? A dog barking is a far cry from a kid trying to steal your stuff
The point is you got to the parents, is this clear enough???

[/quote]

Wow - blinded by the light!
No where in my statements did I say I support stealing kids / or adults.

Again - read the last sentence of my 1st post - hello!

I'm sorry I have to do this with ABC...
Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia
Ed- What kind of analogy is this? A dog barking is a far cry from a kid trying to steal your stuff
The point is you got to the parents, is this clear enough???

[/quote]

Wow - blinded by the light!
No where in my statements did I say I support stealing kids / or adults.

Again - read the last sentence of my 1st post - hello!

I'm sorry I have to do this with ABC...
[/quote]

Ed, the last sentence of your first post says you do not like trespassers but this has nothing to do with your last sentence, it has to do with the attempt to steal what isn't his. What is meant above with the statement The point is you got to the parents, is this clear enough???

Do you mean go to the parents? If so I'd love to but this kid didn't have a collar on or any identifying markers so I don't know who he is. Maybe I'll set a trap in front of the camera and ask him next time. Again Ed, this kid is a thief and obviously talking to his parents is worthless since they have instilled no values in him.
[hr]

Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]

Ed, the last sentence of your first post says you do not like trespassers but this has nothing to do with your last sentence, it has to do with the attempt to steal what isn't his. What is meant above with the statement The point is you got to the parents, is this clear enough???

Do you mean go to the parents? YES I had a typo, sorry!

If so I'd love to but this kid didn't have a collar on or any identifying markers so I don't know who he is.
(ha-ha, that's pretty funny, maybe we could chip him?)
Maybe I'll set a trap in front of the camera and ask him next time. Again Ed, this kid is a thief and obviously talking to his parents is worthless since they have instilled no values in him.

These are more of my underlying points and I'm not trying to bust your ballz, I'm suggesting that
"kids will be kids", period.

By your last comments, it sounds like you could you be jumping to the conclusion and assumming he's stealing.
Example: Could he possibly be curious???
Example: Maybe he's a 10 year old relative of the land owner, and in a childs mind, he is defending his relatives property with this unknown thing some tresspasser (meaning you, to that boy) put on his relatives tree?
* Do you think a child pulls out a land boundry map everytime he walks in the woods, he probably could take his parents car to the town and ask someone for a copy (teasing)?
** If you mentioned he took a rock and tried smashing your camera or had marks of the kid trying to tear it off of the tree and purposely new it was yours, then you can send him to the whipping board.
But that doesn't mean his parents are worthless, you stated you didn't even know them, right?

[hr][/quote]
I have read about (I'm sure you have too) and known a few fine people, upstanding pillars in Society, that their children have stolen something or even worse.
So not all parents let their "little bastards" grow into thieves, right?
"Kids will be kids" and they will give you a headache on occassion, as I know I have when growing up, and I'm sure everyone else has too!
And for the record EarlyIn... If/when my child ever did anything "bad" and after I get all my facts about any incident, they will wished they had ever did it, I can promise that!
I too believe that society on all levels need to be accountable for their actions and some simple rules like...
An eye for an eye and do one to others as you wished be done to you!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Ed I have to agree with raceway on this one.I see your point also.This property is clearly posted no trespassing.My cameras cost more than his father probably makes in a week so when it is broke who will pay for it(me).The camera was moved by the kid and I know he seen it was clearly marked as a DNR camera.There has been tree steps and various other items on the property missing.What happens when he decides to climb the 30 foot treestands that are all over the property and falls out?The property owner you know will some how be liable.I have many pics and videos of kids messing with my cameras even packing mud into the lense and flash holes.I have a 1 minute video of the sheriffs son trying to rip my camera off the tree on private land.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ed- For the record the kid is no relation to the property owner and the property owner has no idea who he is. The tree behind the kid had a stand stolen out of it three years ago, I also find tree pegs missing from it. luckily nothing has happened to the other stands on the property and he hasn't found the other stand.

The cameras that we have are all MECHDOC's and I do not want to have them destroyed or stolen if we can prevent it.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Obviously, folks have a right to put whatever they want, wherever they want on their land or lease. However, once the thieves realize that you have several hundred dollars worth of goodies strapped to trees out there, it is expected that they are gonna go looking for them. Sad but true.

Quick Reply: Who has a trespassing problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.