Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

employment oppurtunitys

Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default employment oppurtunitys

Hey i was jsut looking for some ideas of employment in the field of hunting. Not one for school so i dont really want to need a degree. I was thinking guide, video-ographer, maybe work for a hunting product company. I want to spend as much time in the field as possible. I love the outdoors and i couldn't see myself anywhere else but in the outdoors. Any help/advice/oppurtunitys are appreciated.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: employment oppurtunitys

I need someone to clean firearms and such.....
Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Uncle Ted needs some help building fences.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I think Uncle Ted needs some help building fences.
The 12 foot high type...
Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

I can be the "fence" if he is trying to keep deer out. . No but really im stuck here in south jersey and im really trying to get out to the midwest. maybe ohio kansas illinois iowa idaho anywhere out that way maybe even as far as montana. I have no idea what i wanna do with my life jsut graduated highschool 19 years old. But i dont want to build houses for richfolks who come down to the "shore" like everyone else around here. Kingvjack, like personal guns or do you own a shop?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

They do have guide schools out west. But not too sure how much hunting you get to do being one of those guides.

Check out the back of some magazines.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I could go back to high school and start all over again I would get into a field that allowed me to do something I was interested in other than hunting, and afforded me a lot of free time to huntfor an extended amount of time during the fall. The tough part about working in the hunting industry, unless you're a select few "pro" hunters that get paid to travel around and hunt, is that it's the busy season and really screws up your hunting. Mixing your work and your play isn't always as great as it sounds.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Justin nailed it... hence my career in outside sales.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. How great would it be to be a "pro" hunter. i would really like to be the guy video taping hunts with a friend who hosts the show. I jsut want time in the field you know. I video taped a few hunts with my cousin and i plan on video taping every hunt i can this up and comming season i like it almost as much as having the bow in my hands. Thanks for the help. keep it coming, You guys are great!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 PM

Idaho... Then 'maybe as far away as Montana..."

Seriously...?

My suggestion; go to school and get a degree. Your best bet of having any kind of a future these days lies in having some sort of education outside of highschool. Study something that interests you but also leaves you available for a hunting industry type career. At least go to a community college and get an AA in business management or something of that sort.

Quick Reply: employment oppurtunitys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.